+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Following medical advice is hardly medical worship. Thinking that you know better than almost the entire medical community in the entire world, on the other hand...well.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    And this is the perfect example of what a failure medical worship makes of looking at humans holistically.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-08-2012)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    This was from the epidemic in 2000 which was much bigger than the current one.
    Oxford Journal
    what was the point of this article? Just flicking through some of the older posts that i was only able to gleam over before. Just curious as to what relevance it has - purely interested that is all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Because Missiemack said that between 10-20% of vaccinated people will get measles if exposed, where as I posted the link from the CDC that said vaccinated people are almost 100% covered (ver few) if they have both shots and about 95% won't get it if they have had just one of the shots. So we were trying to see which one was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    what was the point of this article? Just flicking through some of the older posts that i was only able to gleam over before. Just curious as to what relevance it has - purely interested that is all.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Because Missiemack said that between 10-20% of vaccinated people will get measles if exposed, where as I posted the link from the CDC that said vaccinated people are almost 100% covered (ver few) if they have both shots and about 95% won't get it if they have had just one of the shots. So we were trying to see which one was right.
    oh ok, well you are right beebs, and that article is all about low levels of immunisation, doesn't reveal anything about 20% of a vaccinated population getting measles - not sure where that came from?

It clearly states that ireland does not keep reliable or accurate records of immunisation and that misdiagnosis was big issue in this epidemic - in fact that was the major finding. Only 33% of the diagnosis were confirmed with testing. Further supported by an absence of antigens in 64% of cases when tested 2-4 weeks after notification.

So the stats in the article are merely to discuss the issues with testing, diagnosing, and low uptake of immunisation as opposed to reveal that 20% of a vaccinated population would get the disease?

Interesting read, maybe the poster didn't read the whole article or interpret it correctly - can happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    You have gone off some strange tangent that really wasn't the point and are making your own conclusions
    no, not any conclusions - just conveying what I read in the article you posted. i was unclear why it was posted that was all. A pp explained it to me and i just commented that after reading it there was no comment about 20% of the population. Sorry you feel that way, wasn't trying to offend - I was genuinely interested - I was unable to read all the links earlier as i was feeding my son - once i got time i just went back and had a good read over some of the info.

Sorry if that upset you, I was genuinely just interested where it came from as I couldn't pick up where that conversation had started. At any rate it was a good article on the dangers of misdiagnosis and sub optimal levels of immunisation, that was why i was confused why it was there it didn't seem to fit the conversation.

Anyway - apologies if i offended you.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 17-08-2012 at 12:22.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I was wondering if you mean anyone not up to date should never leave the house. Those who are only vaxed for some things, those unable to be vaxed at all, or just those who have remained unvaccinated by choice?
    Really? Make up your own interpretation of what I said. I think most people would draw only one conclusion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, I can't see where those figures came from either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    oh ok, well you are right beebs, and that article is all about low levels of immunisation, doesn't reveal anything about 20% of a vaccinated population getting measles - not sure where that came from?

It clearly states that ireland does not keep reliable or accurate records of immunisation and that misdiagnosis was big issue in this epidemic - in fact that was the major finding. Only 33% of the diagnosis were confirmed with testing. Further supported by an absence of antigens in 64% of cases when tested 2-4 weeks after notification.

So the stats in the article are merely to discuss the issues with testing, diagnosing, and low uptake of immunisation as opposed to reveal that 20% of a vaccinated population would get the disease?

Interesting read, maybe the poster didn't read the whole article or interpret it correctly - can happen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Following medical advice is hardly medical worship. Thinking that you know better than almost the entire medical community in the entire world, on the other hand...well.
    That's silly. Medicine is wonderful when I, and my family, need it - though even then, we pick and choose treatments, get second or third opinions, and evaluate suggestions before implementing them. Don't you? I don't presume to have better medical knowledge. I do however, know my family better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, absolutely I get 2nd and 3rd opinions if they are warranted.

But in regards to vaccinations, these aren't 2nd, 3rd opinions, we are talking millions of medical professionals saying the same thing, that vaccination is safe, effective and is is the only reason why we don't have things like smallpox anymore.

I am not going to pick apart your reasons for not vaccinating. I realise that it won't change your mind or beliefs in anyway. But I am not going to change my mind either, I don't think that is a good enough reason. I do blame non vaxxers for the return of diseases. I'm not trying to make you feel bad (although I can see why some would feel bad) it is what it is. Scientifically it is proven that vax preventable diseases make a return when vax rates get lower.

We are seeing it right now, all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    That's silly. Medicine is wonderful when I, and my family, need it - though even then, we pick and choose treatments, get second or third opinions, and evaluate suggestions before implementing them. Don't you? I don't presume to have better medical knowledge. I do however, know my family better.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not a "non vaxxer" so your opinion on the subject is not relevant to me. I'm not trying to change anyone's views - I think that's the difference between you and me on this subject.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (18-12-2012)