+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    That makes no sense. It's ok for a newbie to get it from someone vaxed but not someone unvaxed? Are you fully up to date with everything? Had all your adult boosters?
    Yes, I am actually. Try again. It's much easier to stomach when someone has done the right thing.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    there is no wild measles virus in Australia anymore thanks to immunisation. It didn't magically happen - nature didnt take its course and rid us of the disease - modern medicine eliminated it in this country. Those very injections some dread have spared the life and livelihood of many babies and young children.

However when it is introduced from people oversease who are not vaccinated at all or not fully vaccinated then it DOES spread because SOME Australians do not vaccinate.

All those who have measles in the campbelltown cases were either not vaccinated at all, or not fully vaccinate - they were babies or school age children. The babies who are unable to be fully vaccinated or vaccinated at all are catching from school aged children who should be vaccinated but are not. Unvaccinated children are the problem - most adults are either vaccinated or have had the wild virus as kids and are therefore not open to catching the illness.

So it is not a case of everyone in the community being responsible - although adults should keep their shots up to date, overall it is mostly a case of parents not getting their kids vaccinated.

If choose not to, then you cannot escape your part in this epidemic. Just own it.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 17-08-2012 at 09:09.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-08-2012),beebs  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellibean View Post
    Yes, I am actually. Try again. It's much easier to stomach when someone has done the right thing.
    Me too, but if my child had WC it would not matter if she got it from someone vaxed or not.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it is valid really. Some of the reasons for not vaccinating that I have heard on here are ridiculous. Not this thread so much, seems some of the really out there anti vaxxers have been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    This is bubhub. I don't think we'd be discussing horse carrots in Maccas either, if we lived in Rwanda. Such a specious argument.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Me too, but if my child had WC it would not matter if she got it from someone vaxed or not.
    Sure that's you. But I would be really p(ed. it's preventable. It makes a BIG difference to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you read AVN, they say that swelling at the site, pain and redness are real vaccination reactions and you shouldn't vaccinate because of them. A lot of people agree, I find that insane, what do people expect? If people inject you with any fluid, even water, it bloody well hurts.

I'm undecided on intuition, but the person saying redness was not referring to her own child, just saying that the mother believed it was good enough. The redness could have been mild, or it could have been severe. That mother is not on here so can't be asked if there was mild swelling and redness, or if the arm, shoulder and across the chest became red, hot to touch and swollen, which in turn affects breathing. There can be severe reactions, or it might have been a little swollen and red the size of a 10c piece, which is normal, and not a reaction. Since she is not here to ask, I was choosing not to use that example.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by bellibean View Post
    Sure that's you. But I would be really p(ed. it's preventable. It makes a BIG difference to me.
    When dd had whooping cough I didn't waste my energy being angry at anybody, blaming or pointing fingers. What a waste of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well put!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    [B]
    If choose not to, then you cannot escape your part in this epidemic. Just own it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    If you read AVN, they say that swelling at the site, pain and redness are real vaccination reactions and you shouldn't vaccinate because of them. A lot of people agree, I find that insane, what do people expect? If people inject you with any fluid, even water, it bloody well hurts.
    I tried to look that up once but my phone kept playing up, even when a link was put up, so I can only make comments on bh about what I have seen on bh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is a fact that the long term effect of vaccinations on the immune system of humans has not been tested against a non-vaccinated control group. Obviously this concerns some parents. I don't know why this is so dismissed by others. There are many autoimmune disorders affecting a new generation of heavily vaccinated adults. The human immune system is not greatly understood by medical science and personally, I believe it is a plausible theory that multiple vaccines could be tied in to auto immune disorders/diseases that develop later in life. I have no idea if this theory is popular, promoted by anti vaccine proponents or former playboy bunnies. I wouldn't even know these people existed (ironically) if it weren't for their constant mention by bubhubbers. Thankfully, I don't need the approval of other forum users to make decisions pertaining to my own family.

My child was vaccinated fully with Infanrix Hexa and will have her MMR(V) shot delayed until 24 months, perhaps later pending risk assessment. She is not heavily socialized with other kids at this stage i.e. day care, playgroups. We isolate ourselves when ill and stay away from others with symptoms. Believe it or not, we don't even go to shopping centres - we live on a farm. As a family we decided to vaccinate selectively. We are not evil, thoughtless, excessively contagious disease spreaders, just parents trying to do our best.
    Last edited by BornToBe; 17-08-2012 at 09:17.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (17-08-2012),Harriet  (20-08-2012),OM  (17-08-2012)