+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 264
  1. #181
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My friend's nanny was a non vaxxer - and exposed her three babies to whooping cough. Vaxxing should be compulsory for people who work with children and people in the health care field.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Totally agree with your comment beebs.. i am yet to meet or see on tv or read anyone that is credible from a non vax stand point. As much as non vaxxers say they dont refer to nutjobs, they are responsible for a significant drop in vaccinating.

    Here is a quote from the infamous meryl dorey...


    sounds like a real intellectual.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I see what you are saying, there was a big jump in 2000, but that still shouldn't mean anything. Do they not to health checks in Ireland? And even if measles was introduced that way- if everyone in Ireland was immunised then it wouldn't spread. The measles in Sydney was introduced from Thailand - but it is spreading because vaccinations are not up to date. Irrefutable proof that unvaxxed people spread diseases.


    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    The irish system is totally different to the Australian one, even with recording vaccinations. It would be a mess to work out who was vaccinated for what on record. They also have a high rate of refugees in the country which would also impact the stats.
    Last edited by beebs; 17-08-2012 at 08:50.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    In bh in general, I most certainly have! Not so much in this thread. I have also seen quoted people like Vera Schreibner and studies referenced that were years out of date, websites full of inaccuracies quoted as fact and people claiming all kinds of links to vaccines that have never been proven. All thus flies in the face of years of research and also simple logic- what benefit would there be for a government to push vaccines if they didn't work or were harmful?
    I agree with PPs- redness at site isn't a good enough reason not to vax. But people cite this (seen recently in Facebook) and other minor reactions. And basing a choice on intuition alone opens a whole other can of worms. Sorry but I don't agree with basing such choices in feeling rather than facts. I cried each time DD got a shot as I felt awful for hurting her. But on an intellectual level I knew I was doing the best thing for her and that there were wider implications than how I would "feel" at the time. JMO.
    The PP said it was all through this thread. I would like to know where.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    69
    Reviews
    0

    Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    I've had a newborn with whooping cough, she caught it from her fully vaxxed brother . Most parents make the decisions they feel right about for their kids. Non vaxxers are not the enemy.
    What's your point? At least he was vaxed.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellibean View Post
    What's your point? At least he was vaxed.
    That makes no sense. It's ok for a newbie to get it from someone vaxed but not someone unvaxed? Are you fully up to date with everything? Had all your adult boosters?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

    Ffrenchknickers  (17-08-2012)

  7. #186
    Ulysses's Avatar
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks
    1,455
    Thanked
    609
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    The PP said it was all through this thread. I would like to know where.
    Readabook, i am guessing you are referring to my post.

    You misunderstand - i claimed that Jenny macarthy, google and wakefield had a lot to answer for, not that people in this post had mentioned them. I believe that they kicked off an anti vax phenomenon and have met many people that do base their decision and fears of vaccines on these people.

    I went on to say that it was obvious from previous posts that there is a general lack of understanding of vaccines. i still stand by that opinion. You don't have to agree with me and I have already explained why I am not going to sort through individual ones and target people. i am sorry that is not a good enough reason for you.

  8. #187
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have seen a couple of things on this thread that I will never think are valid reasons for not vaccinating. Saying that redness and swelling is a reason, basing such serious decisions on intuition etc

    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    The PP said it was all through this thread. I would like to know where.

  9. #188
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you are vaxxed and catch a VDP then at least you have done everything in your power to avoid it. So it really is different in that sense.

    I really would like to know though - what if the measles outbreak went the same way as france, they are up to almost 16,000. How many staunch non vaxxers would be running to get their kids vaccinated? I am guessing a lot. Which is another thing that really annoys me. The double standards, gliding on the coat tails of all of those who get vaccinated. I don't like vaccinations. I hate them, I had giving my kids needles. Why should I have to do so that others benefit? That is just unfair.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, we would not even be having these ridiculous discussions if we were in Rwanda.

    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    That makes no sense. It's ok for a newbie to get it from someone vaxed but not someone unvaxed? Are you fully up to date with everything? Had all your adult boosters?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    Ulysses  (17-08-2012)

  11. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I have seen a couple of things on this thread that I will never think are valid reasons for not vaccinating. Saying that redness and swelling is a reason, basing such serious decisions on intuition etc
    I'm undecided on intuition, but the person saying redness was not referring to her own child, just saying that the mother believed it was good enough. The redness could have been mild, or it could have been severe. That mother is not on here so can't be asked if there was mild swelling and redness, or if the arm, shoulder and across the chest became red, hot to touch and swollen, which in turn affects breathing. There can be severe reactions, or it might have been a little swollen and red the size of a 10c piece, which is normal, and not a reaction. Since she is not here to ask, I was choosing not to use that example.

  12. #190
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Thanks
    1,248
    Thanked
    1,444
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is bubhub. I don't think we'd be discussing horse carrots in Maccas either, if we lived in Rwanda. Such a specious argument.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Herpes outbreak in the first trimester
    By babygirl83 in forum Pregnancy Health Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-06-2012, 16:01
  2. Measles
    By AppleIsleSMum in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-12-2011, 10:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue Bank
Cryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 12 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian families. To discuss the benefits of banking your baby's cord blood & tissue stem cells call us on 1800 220 410.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!