+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Some of the highest non vax rates are starting to be in areas with highly educated middle class, like the northern beaches. I find that really interesting.
    beebs i think the reason for this is a case of a little information is dangerous - from one that has studied statistics quite alot even i need to refer back to my books and check things over when reading some studies so i guess unless they are majoring in an area that often uses statistics or is is science based they may not truly understand the information they are reading, but be educated enough to get access the studies/articles/books themselves…if you know what i mean.

Statistics is a difficult subject and reading and interpreting a study scientifically can be very hard and i would go as far as to say impossible for someone who does not understand statisical design, flaws and processes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by bellibean View Post
    Yes the science appears to be quite a joke to some of you. I assume you are non vaxers.
    Regardless of vax status, locking anyone up in their houses is an obnoxious and absurd suggestion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

OM  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Regardless of vax status, locking anyone up in their houses is an obnoxious and absurd suggestion.
    But infecting a newborn isn't?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bellibean For This Useful Post:

Eko  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Meryl Dorey and her Cronies, she was in the paper yesterday, and the day before, seriously - you guys should read up on her, those are the people that are in the media talking about vaccinations being dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    Define Anti-vax (what are these majority people you refer to)? It could be because it's early morning and I've no sleep but I'm not quite understanding who (what type of person) you are referring to as the loud and aggressive anti-vaxxers.

I have to wonder do you mean on here? Cause I've not witnessed more than perhaps 1 or 2 people in my whole time on BH that have been like that. Majority are pro choice on here rather than anti. Actually same for people I know IRL.

Oooh I've always wanted to be a hermit I can live my life playing WOW (yep that's what I'll do) and ordering take out (delivered of course). Ooooh and don't start me on my ebay shopping addiction :P So when can I start? And this is all funded by you I presume right?

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally agree with your comment beebs.. i am yet to meet or see on tv or read anyone that is credible from a non vax stand point. As much as non vaxxers say they dont refer to nutjobs, they are responsible for a significant drop in vaccinating.

Here is a quote from the infamous meryl dorey...
    “I never said that doctors are murderers….I stand by what I said – those doctors were murders”. And also: “I never said that doctors are rapists…but when a doctor injects a vaccine into a child that’s rape with full penetration”.
    sounds like a real intellectual.

There is a funny website which pokes fun at her comments and antics. Here is one from the site;

She’s also hopeless with maths, so much so that she’s had a logical fallacy named after her: the Doreyan fallacy assumes that any percentage lower than 100% is equal to 0%. So a vaccine that is measured at 85% effectiveness becomes, in Meryl’s view, “completely ineffective” and the same as not vaccinating at all.
    for anyone that wants a laugh
    http://meryldorey.org/
    Last edited by Ulysses; 17-08-2012 at 08:43.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    This was from the epidemic in 2000 which was much bigger than the current one.
    Oxford Journal
    61% unvaccinated. Holy cow, and I thought we were bad here. That is appalling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by bellibean View Post
    But infecting a newborn isn't?
    I've had a newborn with whooping cough, she caught it from her fully vaxxed brother . Most parents make the decisions they feel right about for their kids. Non vaxxers are not the enemy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    We must be reading it differently then. I have not seen anyone get info from google or quote wakefield.
    In bh in general, I most certainly have! Not so much in this thread. I have also seen quoted people like Vera Schreibner and studies referenced that were years out of date, websites full of inaccuracies quoted as fact and people claiming all kinds of links to vaccines that have never been proven. All thus flies in the face of years of research and also simple logic- what benefit would there be for a government to push vaccines if they didn't work or were harmful?
    I agree with PPs- redness at site isn't a good enough reason not to vax. But people cite this (seen recently in Facebook) and other minor reactions. And basing a choice on intuition alone opens a whole other can of worms. Sorry but I don't agree with basing such choices in feeling rather than facts. I cried each time DD got a shot as I felt awful for hurting her. But on an intellectual level I knew I was doing the best thing for her and that there were wider implications than how I would "feel" at the time. JMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't go as far as saying the enemy. THey are to blame for the rise in vaccine preventable diseases. It has been proven. I don't understand, if you are going to not vax, then at least accept that it comes with responsibility. You can't just bury your head in the sand and pretend that when lots of people don't vax it doesn't change things. Because it does

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying the enemy. THey are to blame for the rise in vaccine preventable diseases. It has been proven. I don't understand, if you are going to not vax, then at least accept that it comes with responsibility. You can't just bury your head in the sand and pretend that when lots of people don't vax it doesn't change things. Because it does
    I'm not burying anything anywhere . The only thing I was commenting on was the absurd suggestion above. Human beings need to be kinder to each other.