+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I started a thread on here about adult vax, it did not shock me that so many were unsure if they were or not because unless you go looking, the information isn't readily available like with kids.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I started a thread on here about adult vax, it did not shock me that so many were unsure if they were or not because unless you go looking, the information isn't readily available like with kids.
    It would be great if it were more accessible and more promoted, reminder letters etc. I wonder ho one would approach to get that in motion?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't know the answer to those questions, they weren't in the article.

Anti vax and non-vax are the same thing with regard to the end result, yes they have different reasons and some non-vaxxres are pro vax but can't, but the result is the same, in that your children have a 90% risk of contracting measles if exposed. Whereas someone who is vaccinated has a very small risk.

A previous poster asked before what would constitute medical, I would say, if a doctor says don't do it, then don't do.

Missie- I can't find the article that said it, sorry, I had a look around, So strike it from the record. I am guilty of my own pet hate - posting something without the link to back it up!

I am going to go for a blood test this week to check my titres levels just to be sure.

Of the half who were locals, how many were unable to be vaxed, how many are from anti-vaxing families, and how many were too young to be vaxed, or had not completed the schedule?

Anti-vax and non-vax are not the same thing at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bingo
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I don't think beebs was saying they were the same thing just that the end result was the same- they got a VPD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I don't know the answer to those questions, they weren't in the article.

Anti vax and non-vax are the same thing with regard to the end result, yes they have different reasons and some non-vaxxres are pro vax but can't, but the result is the same, in that your children have a 90% risk of contracting measles if exposed. Whereas someone who is vaccinated has a very small risk.

A previous poster asked before what would constitute medical, I would say, if a doctor says don't do it, then don't do.

Missie- I can't find the article that said it, sorry, I had a look around, So strike it from the record. I am guilty of my own pet hate - posting something without the link to back it up!

I am going to go for a blood test this week to check my titres levels just to be sure.
    Just seems people are painting this as an ani-vax thing, the end result may be the same but it might have been a very small amount who are actual anti-vax while others are unable to, or too young to be vaxed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Vax rates are dropping in Australia, and it is being driven by the anti vax movement, the whooping cough epidemic started in the northern rivers which is an anti vax area.

We can argue semantics all you like, but at the end of the day if people aren't vaccinating then these diseases will come back. And they are coming back. It is happening. Someone did a poll on here a couple of weeks back saying do you vax/delay/or not at all and heaps of people ticked not at all.

Just seems people are painting this as an ani-vax thing, the end result may be the same but it might have been a very small amount who are actual anti-vax while others are unable to, or too young to be vaxed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Vax rates are dropping in Australia, and it is being driven by the anti vax movement, the whooping cough epidemic started in the northern rivers which is an anti vax area.

We can argue semantics all you like, but at the end of the day if people aren't vaccinating then these diseases will come back. And they are coming back. It is happening. Someone did a poll on here a couple of weeks back saying do you vax/delay/or not at all and heaps of people ticked not at all.
    I guess it comes down to why, but to throw them all into an anti-vax box is not helpful either if they are not. We see an issue with adults being unaware, if we work out reasons, perhaps we can work out solutions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Unfortunately the very loud and aggressive anti vaxxers do no one any favours - especially those that cannot vax for valid reasons. You are right, we shouldn't label them all the same. But they are the majority, and you are the minority in the non vax group.

Anyhow - this is why it is really, really important for people who can be vaxxed to get vaxxed!

I guess it comes down to why, but to throw them all into an anti-vax box is not helpful either if they are not. We see an issue with adults being unaware, if we work out reasons, perhaps we can work out solutions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a non-vaxer, dd was not delayed to schedule other than hep b, and has had most but not all. I am fully up to date, boosters and all, except I don't do the flu shot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh I thought you were non vax for medical reasons. Doh, I'm getting all the stories confused!

I'm not a non-vaxer, dd was not delayed to schedule other than hep b, and has had most but not all. I am fully up to date, boosters and all, except I don't do the flu shot.