+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    But the anti vaxxers seem to use that as an excuse, "adults aren't vaccinated therefore I am not going to vaccinate my children". The point is everyone needs to be vaccinated or to have caught the wild virus for herd immunity to be effective. This whole "they don't do it, so why should I" argument is very childish really.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    That's a very popular misconception (particularly in these threads...) but to my knowledge it's actually ADULTS who typically spread VPDs.

There are far more non-vaccinated adults than children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's not an argument beebs; it's pointing out the flaw in a statement.

Instead of tying centrelink payments to kids vax statements, why not tie them to the parents as well? Why aren't adults routinely offered free vaccinations? Just things to query.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

mummabec  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I find it weird that on here so many dont vaccinate ...and write off the years of medical and scientific evidence backing vaccination. Yet they choose to believe in Amber teething necklaces which have no evidence whatsoever supporting their claims.

Why do people think they know better than evidence backed science?
    How do you know non-vaxers are anti-vaxers? And how do you know they are the ones who use the necklaces?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Don't know, I have always been vocal in vaxxes for adults. I agree, It is only solving half the problem if only children get vaxxed.

I realise that tying money to the vaxxes isn't going to change anyones mind about getting their kids vaxxed, so I know that isn't the way to go about it either.

I have a feeling, all these discussions will become moot when we start getting big outbreaks, I have no doubt that most non vaxxers will be lining up to get their kids vaxxed.

It's not an argument beebs; it's pointing out the flaw in a statement.

Instead of tying centrelink payments to kids vax statements, why not tie them to the parents as well? Why aren't adults routinely offered free vaccinations? Just things to query.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unless of course they are not able to vaccinate due to medical reasons.

Some non vaccinated children and adults unfortunately have no choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well of course, I agree and have said so over and over, I think even about 4 times in this one thread. I know some people can't be vaxxed, which is why it is vital that everyone who can be is.

At the end of the day - there are worldwide epidemics going on in places where these diseases were thought to be gone. That is due to not enough people being vaccinated/immune. It will happen here, it is only a matter of time, and that makes my blood boil.

Just look at the huge measles outbreak in Europe England, Ireland, france is the worst (over 15,000) there are now a mumps, measles and whooping outbreak in the US. It is worldwide, and it is scary.

I read the most amazing article about an anti vax woman who was happy when her twins caught measles, until she found out what it was really like and has done a complete backflip. I will find it and post it up later.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hasn't it been shown that some of these diseases have actually mutated into new strains - was that somehow tied in to routine vaccination? What's the long term solution - to just create a vaccine to every disease and every variation of every disease? I don't know too much about this, but it is interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    And homeopathic vaccinations - which have been proven time and time again to not do anything. I mean, basically it is water? What is that about?
    Gah don't even start me on that bs!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    not all delayed vaccers are anti. I am quite the opposite.

I will take my sons paediatric cardiologist advice on this one though.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-08-2012),share a book  (16-08-2012),soccer mum  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Doesn't it say babies under 12 months were affected - babies under 12 months aren't immunised against measles. So how can they be counted in the "non vaccinated" camp? The vax is AT 12 months. Confusing.
    It says school age AND babies under 12 months just to clarify