+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourTheBear View Post
    I burnt my hand cooking once.
    Can I stop that too?!

I am going to have so much free time!
    Cooking? Nah, I don't do that either.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

SeymourTheBear  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Doesn't it say babies under 12 months were affected - babies under 12 months aren't immunised against measles. So how can they be counted in the "non vaccinated" camp? The vax is AT 12 months. Confusing.
    Babies cant be vaccinated. What that means is they got it off kids who weren't vaccinated. One of the reasons we vaccinate is to protect those who can't (ie babies)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samken For This Useful Post:

beebs  (15-08-2012),Crazyfamily  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    [QUOTE=samsausage;6766652]
    I've been on this site since 2007 and have yet to see one single piece of evidence which supports not vaccinating our children.

QUOTE]

This - I haven't seen anything either. All the threads seem to go downt he same path - about intuition, governments and big pharma's. Meanwhile anti vaxxers benefit from Herd immuntiy while simultaneously putting it at risk.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Lighten up grumble bum
    How do you know it grumbles? Hey?

Quote Originally Posted by samsausage View Post
    It depends on your definition of medical reasons share a book. If you think redness and swelling at the site of an injection is a medical reason not to vaccinate rather than a sign that your immune system has mounted an expected and desirable response to a vaccine then yes, you need to rethink your rationale.
    I have never heard about it, and even in this thread I didn't read it to mean that poster was anti vax because of redness and swelling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I have never heard about it, and even in this thread I didn't read it to mean that poster was anti vax because of redness and swelling.
    Possibly not a reason for that poster individually but they clearly stated that others may see a local reaction as a medical reason and hence it is valid.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to samsausage For This Useful Post:

beebs  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I find it weird that on here so many dont vaccinate ...and write off the years of medical and scientific evidence backing vaccination. Yet they choose to believe in Amber teething necklaces which have no evidence whatsoever supporting their claims.

Why do people think they know better than evidence backed science?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Alimia  (16-08-2012),Atropos  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find it weird that on here so many dont vaccinate ...and write off the years of medical and scientific evidence backing vaccination. Yet they choose to believe in Amber teething necklaces which have no evidence whatsoever supporting their claims.

I'm sorry I have to say it.... take a look at religion, is that not the same thing?

Eeek I'm going to run and hide now

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OM For This Useful Post:

Rbottom  (16-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    I'm sorry I have to say it.... take a look at religion, is that not the same thing?

Eeek I'm going to run and hide now
    Yes it is and I don't get how people can believe in that too (but respect others right to practice religion since it is so engrained in our society).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samken View Post
    Babies cant be vaccinated. What that means is they got it off kids who weren't vaccinated. One of the reasons we vaccinate is to protect those who can't (ie babies)
    That's a very popular misconception (particularly in these threads...) but to my knowledge it's actually ADULTS who typically spread VPDs.

There are far more non-vaccinated adults than children.
    Last edited by BornToBe; 16-08-2012 at 06:42.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And homeopathic vaccinations - which have been proven time and time again to not do anything. I mean, basically it is water? What is that about?