+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Yeah but it's like a housewife breaking a nail while vacuuming and using that as an excuse to never do housework ever again!
    Housewife is not an accepted term on here.

Quote Originally Posted by samsausage View Post
    Actually no, it's not. Not even close.

On the one hand you have science: literally hundreds of reproducible/independently validated/peer reviewed studies which support childhood vaccination.

On the other hand you have what exactly? I've been on this site since 2007 and have yet to see one single piece of evidence which supports not vaccinating our children.

The fact is if you make the choice not to vaccinate then you are putting other peoples children at risk. I can understand that people don't like to hear that as it goes against their carefully constructed rationale for not vaccinating.

I challenge anyone on this site to truly, honestly look at their rationale for not vaccinating their children. If there is any hint of reasons like distrusting the medical community or being suspiscious of 'big pharma' or a reliance on anecdotal evidence then I urge your to rethink your stance. If those reasons form part of your decision making process (and yes, this demands complete self honestly and a mature ability to self reflect) then you need to go back and start again with the facts, and only the facts.
    I'm guessing you mean non-medical reasons?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Yeah but it's like a housewife breaking a nail while vacuuming and using that as an excuse to never do housework ever again!
    That's the EXACT reason why I don't vacuum!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (15-08-2012),OM  (16-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Seems like a good enough reason to me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SeymourTheBear For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It depends on your definition of medical reasons share a book. If you think redness and swelling at the site of an injection is a medical reason not to vaccinate rather than a sign that your immune system has mounted an expected and desirable response to a vaccine then yes, you need to rethink your rationale.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samsausage For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (16-08-2012),beebs  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Housewife is not an accepted term on here.
    ?
    Lighten up grumble bum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Touché!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourTheBear View Post
    Seems like a good enough reason to me
    Just like I once chipped my nail polish while scrubbing the shower, so guess what? Yep, I don't do that anymore either.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samsausage View Post
    It depends on your definition of medical reasons share a book. If you think redness and swelling at the site of an injection is a medical reason not to vaccinate rather than a sign that your immune system has mounted an expected and desirable response to a vaccine then yes, you need to rethink your rationale.
    I highly doubt that there is anyone that would use that as the sole reason to not vaccinate.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

OM  (16-08-2012),share a book  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Just like I once chipped my nail polish while scrubbing the shower, so guess what? Yep, I don't do that anymore either.
    I burnt my hand cooking once.
    Can I stop that too?!

I am going to have so much free time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I highly doubt that there is anyone that would use that as the sole reason to not vaccinate.
    I would hope not but if you go back a few pages a poster was stating that this is a reasonable medical reason