+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    And whooping cough outbreak started in the norther rivers - which is very much an attachment parenting - for want of a better word hippy/crunchy area. I don't mean that attachment parents are the only ones to blame at all, but it does seem to be a group that doesn't vaccinate.
    I know a few non-vaxxers and I have talked to them about it as I am keen to learn their POV. All non-vaxxers I know are the 'hippy' type. I think in the age of ipads and ipods etc people are trying to be more 'natural' - which in itself isnt bad - I'm also keen for less chemicals in my body, but personally the risks of not vaxxing are far too great to me.

I do wonder if its the fact that vaccinations are needles that puts a lot of people off - because once a needle is given you can't ungive it, rather than a course of tablets you could stop taking, for example. And maybe the idea that injecting something is 'unatural'? If people do have severe reactions and it was a course of tablets, then they could stop IYKWIM
    Last edited by soccer mum; 15-08-2012 at 17:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    Wow we must have been really unlucky then As must a lot of people I know
    I have no idea what your or your friends situation is, but I think our ideas may differ when it comes to what constitutes a vaccine reaction??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have no idea what your or your friends situation is, but I think our ideas may differ when it comes to what constitutes a vaccine reaction??
    Possibly, however any type of adverse side effect it cannot be denied is a reaction

For the sake of you understanding where I am coming from though how about trouble breathing and hives. I think that's a big enough reaction for me to say no to vaccinating my children anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think that's a big enough reaction for me to say no to vaccinating my children anymore.
    I would agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of the highest non vax rates are starting to be in areas with highly educated middle class, like the northern beaches. I find that really interesting.
    I think you will find vaccines are just one area that this group is skeptical about. Its just one small fragment of a very big picture which involves toxic free lifestyles and very little trust in big corporations and the government.

Not vaccinating because its 'trendy' is not on, neither is just being lazy. I am a very selective vaxxer through being informed and educated. I also have the means to treat my child (if they could be treated) if they contracted a VDP. It would not be a matter for the public health system. If I did not have these means then I would not have had children. Its about being responsible for your actions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    All people who don't vax should have their children taken off them.

Especially if those children are also obese.

Oh and circumcised.
    I agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Here we go, measles outbreak in Campbeltown and all the children involved were not fu

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I agree
    Of course you do..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

SeymourTheBear  (15-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

If a person truly believes that swelling and redness is a reason not to vaccinate, that is whether you like it or not, still a medical reason.
    Yeah but it's like a housewife breaking a nail while vacuuming and using that as an excuse to never do housework ever again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Of course you do..
    -

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's just that vaxxing is a very grey area, you damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Actually no, it's not. Not even close.

On the one hand you have science: literally hundreds of reproducible/independently validated/peer reviewed studies which support childhood vaccination.

On the other hand you have what exactly? I've been on this site since 2007 and have yet to see one single piece of evidence which supports not vaccinating our children.

The fact is if you make the choice not to vaccinate then you are putting other peoples children at risk. I can understand that people don't like to hear that as it goes against their carefully constructed rationale for not vaccinating.

I challenge anyone on this site to truly, honestly look at their rationale for not vaccinating their children. If there is any hint of reasons like distrusting the medical community or being suspiscious of 'big pharma' or a reliance on anecdotal evidence then I urge your to rethink your stance. If those reasons form part of your decision making process (and yes, this demands complete self honestly and a mature ability to self reflect) then you need to go back and start again with the facts, and only the facts.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to samsausage For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (16-08-2012),beebs  (15-08-2012),Bongley  (15-08-2012),VicPark  (15-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (15-08-2012)