+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Changes in sleep. Causes? Solutions?

For the last week or so DD who is 20months has been going to bed her usual time around 6.30 - 7 but has been waking up crying around 8 - 9 oclock every night and wont go back to sleep, I have to get her up and she lays on the lounge with me until she falls asleep sometimes this doesnt happen till around 11pm, I dont know why she is doing it or what I could try to help her.. before this she was sleeping through the night.

Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Changes in sleep. Causes? Solutions?

First or second set of molars coming through?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Changes in sleep. Causes? Solutions?

Ill try and have a look, she bites though!! Lol

Sent from my LG-E400f using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I have a 18month and for the past 3 weeks he has been doing the same thing. Until the night before last we had simply had enough and let him relearn to self settle and for some unknown reason he slept through the night for the first time in about 1.5months. We (my husband and I) thought maybe dreams were starting to affect him, but who knows really. Hopefully tonight will be the same for us. Thanks for sharing as I was starting to think that we were the only people in the world that had a toddler that did it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS did this around that age and also has had an episode about 2 months ago. I really get over it after a week or so, so I end up applying some "tough love" by letting him cry it out. I don't let him go hysterical though. He usually just sooks and goes "mummy mummy mummy".

When I apply the tough love, he sooks/cries for 10 minutes before falling asleep. The next night he'll sook for a few minutes and the next night he sleeps fine again.

I know some people don't like to let bubs cry it out and I wouldn't do this if my child was under 12 months old. Yet after 12months old it isn't going to harm them. Again, as long as they aren't hysterical or really upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our 3rd did this for nearly 3 weeks when she was 1. I had absolutely no idea what the go was. We got her up and she just laid in one of our arms with the lights off whilst we continued watching tv or whatever we were doing. It drove us bonkers, but ours did only last a short time.

Good luck!