+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 consecutive days of positive OPK's

Today is the fifth day running Ive had a positive OPK.

Dr Google has suggested that women 'can' have a few days of positive OPK's, in times where the body is gearing up for ovulation, doesnt quite get there, then ovulates a day or so later. But FIVE?! Seriously? And they are definite positives.

Im temping too, and my temp has risen from the 2nd day I had the positive OPK, so I can only assume I have actually ovulated?! But why am I still getting positive OPKs?

Anyone with advice or similar experience as its confusing the hell out of me! And Dh and I are getting tired of BDing lol....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brulee View Post
    Today is the fifth day running Ive had a positive OPK.

Dr Google has suggested that women 'can' have a few days of positive OPK's, in times where the body is gearing up for ovulation, doesnt quite get there, then ovulates a day or so later. But FIVE?! Seriously? And they are definite positives.

Im temping too, and my temp has risen from the 2nd day I had the positive OPK, so I can only assume I have actually ovulated?! But why am I still getting positive OPKs?

Anyone with advice or similar experience as its confusing the hell out of me! And Dh and I are getting tired of BDing lol....
    Any chance you could post the photos?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I agree do you have a photo?

Thanks
    Reviews

This happened to me for over a week! Turned out I was UTD! We just BD everyday or every second day while they were positive! And yep I was UTD!!
    Good Luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    J37 and waterlily - I wish I could but unfortunately I threw them away thinking that the next days would be negative, and Im still waiting.

Sarah - wow congratulations! Definitely not utd that Im aware of as had a proper AF couple of weeks back. Be a dream come true though if I was!! Best of luck for the rest of your pregnancy.

Well Im just hoping that Fertility Friend will show up with ovulation after tomorrow mornings temp, as I have no idea what is going on with my body anymore. We have BD everyday just in case. Thanks for your replies.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank goodness. This morning FF put ovulation down for occurring on Sunday, so who knows why I still got positive opks on mon and tues.
    Next cycle I should just do as recommended, and stop doing them after I see the first positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder if the OPKs you got are too sensitive to your LH surge?? Different brands have different sensitivities. You might have ones that are sensitive to low levels of LH but your LH surge levels might be normal-high. You might need a different brand to give you a 'true' indication of your surge. Have a look at this:
    http://www.peeonastick.com/opks.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: 5 consecutive days of positive OPK's

With the cycle I fell on with this pregnancy I got 4 positive opks starting on the Wed till Sat. We only got to dtd on the wed due to dh getting really sick so the first positive opk and it worked. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Chickenfoot- congrats!! And especially only managing to dtd once :-)

Petulia - you must have read my mind. I was thinking that same thing this morning and wondered if it's just the brand in using. My last two cycles were using a different brand and I got one positive opk each cycle. So if it's a bfn for me this month, I'll not use the same ones again. Which is a bummer as I bought 100 of them lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, it's like you have to figure out all of these things magically by yourself! If I hadn't been so obsessive I wouldn't have even known different brands have different sensitivities. So tricky figuring out this ovulation thing! It is a bummer when you buy so many, maybe you can resell the unused ones on ebay?