+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Would you attend a funeral...

Thanks for your replies everyone. I ended up doing the logical thing and rang my father and asked his opinion. He MUCH prefers the idea of me taking the kids to visit my grandmother next week instead. Have decided I'll bring a special plant for his memory and help her plant it in her garden and otherwise just keep it light and spend time with her.

So I feel better now

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

CakeyLoaf  (14-08-2012),Cue  (14-08-2012),MsImpatient  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't go...but I'm just wondering who is organizing his funeral if he didn't get along with most family.....

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I wouldn't go...but I'm just wondering who is organizing his funeral if he didn't get along with most family.....
    His kids are. It sounds like it will be nicely and respectfully done at least

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was thinking the same as Cue.. if he was unpleasant due to an illness outside of his control then I would certainly go. If he was just a cruel person then I probably wouldn't, unless I felt I could offer support to other family.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Glad you got something sorted out

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    Thanks for your replies everyone. I ended up doing the logical thing and rang my father and asked his opinion. He MUCH prefers the idea of me taking the kids to visit my grandmother next week instead. Have decided I'll bring a special plant for his memory and help her plant it in her garden and otherwise just keep it light and spend time with her.

So I feel better now
    That sounds lovely In your case I don't think I would be going.

I went to my (step)grandfather's funeral when I hadn't seen him for years, as he refused to see any of the grandkids once he was in a home. He also used to constantly make comments about my weight or the amount of makeup I wore etc. But my dad, stepmum, brother and sister were all overseas at the time, so I felt someone from our family should be there. It was distressing to see my grandmother so upset, that was what made me cry It was nice to catch up with everyone at the wake though.