+ Reply to Thread
    Adelaide foothills
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The little things that jump out at you when you least expect it.

Just when I thought it was safe to go back into the water

Feeling a little bummed today and trying my best not to get weighed down by it.....

I engaged a woman in a kind of business coaching stint. I paid a small amount for an e-book and email access and for a while it was going great. This woman is very experienced in her line of work and I was getting good feedback and it was all going well.

Then I mentioned IT.
    You know, that thing you're not supposed to talk about.

When the workbook focussed on hurdles I was like, well, I did have pre and post natal depression and explained briefly what had happened and that I'd spent a brief spell in a facility to help me overcome it.

I haven't heard from her since.

At first, I thought well a delay is fine. After all, she runs a business.

But a week has gone by and I've sent an email to check up and no reply.

Unfortunately, I am starting to think that my very private and confidential revelation has freaked her out. What else am I to think? We were communicating almost daily prior to this.

I would have thought that, by now, people would be understanding about depression given the media coverage it's gotten. *sigh*

So anyway, just putting it out there. The skies have been blue lately and things have been going well. I am trying not to let this backslide me.

Have a good day all

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe she thinks she'll catch it from you

Don't let it get to you, as you said, you have been doing so well and focusing on on what may or may not be going on in her brain will just eat you up inside. I know, I've had anxiety my whole life and we can be our own worst enemies when it comes to our inner dialogue.. when I jump on that train of thoughts down a dark tunnel, it can consume you and you don't want that.

You know what? Who cares what she or anyone thinks! There are plenty of people who do understand.

Just re-read and my reply totally doesn't make sense in parts.. but not sure how to word it differently so hope you get it... (2 week old bubba's mumma here and brain is a little fried.. )
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 14-08-2012 at 16:23.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi caviar

Just wanted to offer you some hugs particularly as you have only had one reply. People don't understand mh issues or what they do "understand" is so skewed by the media that their perception is distorted. It's treated like the worst contagious disease imaginable and as a fellow depression sufferer it sucks. In fact, people's attitudes have acted as a trigger for me feeling suicidal. :-(

We just need to stay strong and think of our kids and hope that our children's generation grow up to be more tolerant.

Aaaaaaaaaagh is all I can say!!! We take a leap if faith and we are punished again. As if our illness doesn't cause enough damage ...