+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need a decent school for my grade 2 boy in ipswich area!!!! ASAP

Hi fellow hubba bubbahs!

I've recently moved to Riverview, Ipswich and am in dsperate need of a primary school. We've had a complicated move and as a result my son's already missed almost 2 weeks of school. The thing is though...I just can't find a school that ticks all of the boxes!? or even 3 quarters of them Does anyone have any suggestions?
    So far I have considered Moggil (looks great but too long of a commute), Riverview (been told to avoid it), Westside Christian College (have heard that it's expensive and no better than a public?).

Your feedback will be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm... I know quite a few people who went to Westside, and also some parent's who are currently sending their kids there and most seem really happy with it?

I'm trying to think of other schools around the area that I have heard about. I know someone who sends their child to Goodna and seems to like it a lot, but I don't know if I would send my kids there... I don't know much about it though.

Is Springfield too far to travel? I don't know too much about them but there are a lot of schools there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, how close are you to the Ferry? If you like Moggil it might not be too bad. Have you tried a practice run? I used to live much further than Riverview and my DD goes to school on the other side of the river (further than Moggil.) It seemed like a bit much at first (she was already settled so I wasn't going to move her) but it only took about 20 minutes. Even with Ferry costs would work out cheaper than Westside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pascal!
    Thanks for the advice, took a practice run to moggil today and had a chat at the office. Seems like a lovely school and everyone at the office was friendly and helpful. Still deciding whether it's do-able every morning though....25-35mins each way, twice a day and $7.40 in ferry costs...or else drive around?

Also took a drive to Westside Christian College. Not sure if I was at the front or back of the school though. I went off the address from google and followed google maps. I couldn't see an entrance, but I could see the rubbish area and groundmens areas. Not keen on paying private fees for a school lacking in pride in presentation.

Hmmm back to the drawing board I think. Would love if there were a bus on my side of the ferry for the moggil kids.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ipswich Grammar are fantastic but their fees are astronomical!

St Mary's in Ipswich is pretty good.

Or St Peters in Springfield?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There is a little school at tivoli that i have heard is quite good. if you go straight up the warrego highway it really wouldnt take long. A lot of schools in the ipswich area have catchment zones and may not take you if you are not in the area, tivoli is open to everyone. my kids attend a different school which im not real happy with so I am also thinking of changing schools.

Thanks
    Reviews

Where did you decide?

My son goes to the grammar school but Bethany Lutheran is probably the only other school in Ipswich I would consider.

St Francis Xavier is near you, also.

Thanks
    Reviews

My son loved West Moreton Anglican College. When we first moved we sent him to Central, it was horrible! But he really loved WestMAC he was very sad to leave and still talks about it today. We moved away back to Brisbane after he had been there for grades 2&3.
    Good luck with finding a school it's so stressful! We have just been through the same finding a high school for my eldest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any more advise on westside Christian college? We will be moving to Brassall soon and considering the school for my 4 yr old. Thanks