+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Started warming up at 11am, in full swing by 4pm. But if you're running about or stressed it'll probably take longer to establish I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default For your first birth how long was it between..

1:30am - waters broke.
    2:00am - contractions started.
    5:00am - 2cm dilated
    9:00am - 10cm dilated

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    BTW - did u have any sign of anything goign on prior to yoru waters breaking?
    I felt something was up, no physical signs at all, more like intuition. About 2 hrs before water breaking, was on the loo - another reason why you don't want to be sitting in a car for an extended period of time!
    BtW, I was 3 weeks early so make sure you're prepared for all scenarios.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Poppy30 For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I woke up that morning (let's say 8am) to cramping and a bloody show. By 7pm the pains were enough for me to want to go to hospital. I was sent home, told they were just Braxton hicks contractions. By the time we got home (midnight) I was crying because I was in so much pain. Eventually I'd convinced DF I was in labour and went back. At 4am I was 4cm dilated and admitted to the birth suite.
    We lived 30-60 mins drive (depending on traffic) and it was HELL sitting in the car while in labour.

With DD2 we lived 10 mins away from the hospital. That was much better. I woke at 3am to my waters leaking and strong contractions. I gave birth just before 8am.

Thanks
    Reviews

Mine started as a little but crampy for 5 nights. On the 5th night waters broke at 11pm. Got full on contractions at 2am and gave birth at 8am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    By the time i noticed anything i was already in established labour, so no time really.
    With DD1 i was already in hospital and started to feel pain, i asked to be checked and i was 5 cms - this all happened within a matter of minutes, literally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

4 days.

Woke up on Monday with barely noticeable ctx that got progressively stronger over the next few days (would disappear overnight). Until early hours of Thursday morning when they got strong enough to get me out of bed and keep me up. Could still do everything else on your list though!

Left for the hosp at 8ish and DD was born at 4:11pm.

Every labour is SO different though, not really something you can plan for unfortunately! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

I first noticed contractions at 2:30am. The contractions were every 10-12 minutes. I eventually went into hospital when my contractions were ever 2.5 minutes and I didnt want to be at home anymore - this was around 1pm. When I was checked at 2:00pm I was 4 cm so all up about 10-11 hours. I don't know what time exactly I went into established labour.

Bub was born at 5:31pm

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I didn't have pre-labour and had very minimal signs of impending labour. My waters broke spontaneously and then contractions came 15 mins later. Contractions were very full on from the get go with little respite inbetween, even from the first one. It was full on the entire time. My sister had a similar labour with her first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    My waters broke spontaneously and then contractions came 15 mins later. Contractions were very full on from the get go with little respite inbetween, even from the first one. It was full on the entire time.
    This was my experience too. I went from no contractions to being 3 mins apart in the space of 20 mins - the car ride was awful! There's no way of knowing what your own experience will be Buttoneska, but I would recommend planning for the most urgent scenario. Unless you are exceptionally good at handling pain