+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Not viable?!

So went to my dr today after having a scan done at 5w4d and the report is that my pregnancy 'is not viable'.
    At the scan, their was no visible fetal pole just the sac. I've since realized the scan was really early and theres a chance I would see a heartbeat at the next scan.
    My dr has ordered HCG levels to be taken today (already done) and then again Thursday to compare as well as another scan next week and said not to worry coz this sometimes happens with first pregnancies and continued talking like the pregnancy will continue. She didn't talk to me about miscarrying or anything to look out for, she was just confident it's going to keep going (which I felt the same).
    She then informs me she'll be away for 3 weeks!!!

What happens to my results?
    Do I wait til she comes back? (not an option)

I'm scared of being disappointed at the scan not seeing anything again. If she knew the results I'd rather just get whatever I need done and move on.

I haven't had any bleeding at all (touch wood), I still have a sore back and boobs, nauseous and not interested in food-in other words I still feel pregnant.

I'm really angry this is happening and welcome any thoughts/answers/ideas on my situation.

Thanks bubhubbers!
    Last edited by Chillies; 14-08-2012 at 13:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chillies

I think they are diagnosing you as "non viable" way to early. You can't see a heart beat until 6 weeks minimum.

Did they tell you what they did see? There should have been a yolk sac at least.

I would book in to see another GP if you can to get your BT results.

Go and get another referal to have another scan done at 6 weeks +. Preferably not at the same scan place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is there another doctor at the surgery you could see ?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not viable?!

Quote Originally Posted by LillyPonds View Post
    Hi Chillies

I think they are diagnosing you as "non viable" way to early. You can't see a heart beat until 6 weeks minimum.

Did they tell you what they did see? There should have been a yolk sac at least.

I would book in to see another GP if you can to get your BT results.

Go and get another referal to have another scan done at 6 weeks +. Preferably not at the same scan place.
    That's exactly what I thought-they haven't even given bub a chance!! They just said they seen the gestational sac and that's it.

I think I'm going to go to another place just coz I don't think I can go back to this one as I don't trust them.

Thank you!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not viable?!

Quote Originally Posted by maybenumber3 View Post
    Is there another doctor at the surgery you could see ?
    Yeah I probably could-there's a few drs in the same building so does this mean they have access to the same patient info??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Not viable?!

Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    Yeah I probably could-there's a few drs in the same building so does this mean they have access to the same patient info??
    Yeah thats right. You should be able to see any doctor at the same practice for your results.

I'd go for another scan in a week, also if you go and have your hcg done in the morning and ask the pathology to put it through as urgent your doctor will have the results the same day, after around 4pm.

Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not viable?!

Quote Originally Posted by maybenumber3 View Post
    Yeah thats right. You should be able to see any doctor at the same practice for your results.

I'd go for another scan in a week, also if you go and have your hcg done in the morning and ask the pathology to put it through as urgent your doctor will have the results the same day, after around 4pm.

Good luck xx
    Okay thanks heaps, that makes me feel reassured! I just can't wait for 3 weeks for her to come back to see what's happening...