+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Funny how people say "our taeget". They are all owned by the same company and all should have the same returns policy. I work for a rival of target and of the dvd is opened the policy is to say no.... But generally if a customer asks for a manager they'll return it for you. Based on fair trading rules, a company does NOT under any circumstances have to return anything you buy... Unless it's faulty.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My.local target no way, i brought ds a clearance outfit from there once (for $4), didnt keep the reciept and didn't keep the docket and they left the dye tag on and when i took it back the lady damn near accused me of thieving it, gave me a full on lecture about how she 'shouldnt' do it without to docket.

I said we'll its a 4$ item, if your STAFF thought to take the freaking thing of i would not be here.

I was so angry that day a)i i am not a thief b)if i was a thief i'd steal something worth a bit more freaking money than a 4$ clearance item

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The only way you will know is to go ask the store. They are well within their rights to refuse you, as you have no receipt, but some stores will be lenient and let it slide - really depends on who is in charge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlegreengeisha View Post
    Well its all sealed so hopefully I can

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Generally in retail, no refund unless you have a receipt. You can always get a exchange. It's illegal for them to flat out refuse. I would call beforehand and speak with a manager just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I doubt they will return it once it has been opened. If it was still sealed they would exchange without a receipt

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering this too but will find out tomorrow.
    I have a dress with tags still attached that I don't like, hoping they will return it and offer a credit note at least.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Target returns?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    Generally in retail, no refund unless you have a receipt. You can always get a exchange. It's illegal for them to flat out refuse. I would call beforehand and speak with a manager just in case.
    Actually... Check fair trade. It is not illegal to refuse a return on an item if you simply change your mind (receipt or no reciept) . If the item is faulty then an exchange, repair OR refund must be offered.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Target returns?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Actually... Check fair trade. It is not illegal to refuse a return on an item if you simply change your mind (receipt or no reciept) . If the item is faulty then an exchange, repair OR refund must be offered.

***Sent from my phone***
    Sorry, my mistake...
    I was told the incorrect thing when I worked for target, big w and JBHiFi then.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Target returns?

Target refused to return a toy for me once, it was sealed but I had no receipt. The reason they refused was because it was sold elsewhere and I could have bought it anywhere. I returned a target branded toy no problem, but without a receipt I was given a store credit.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Target were pretty useless with us and a carseat we have which is faulty. As the receipt was destroyed (not our fault at all), they wont even look at it. So I Would just take it in, explain it and if it all looks perfect see if they will do a store exchange.