+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How long does it take?

I've been using CC with my 3mth old DD for about 2 weeks now. At first we used the timed interval method (going in to comfort at 2, 4, 8, and 10 mins). This worked well and by the 3rd day we were down to about 3mins crying. I decided to change to the SOS method of waiting 6 mins and then going in to comfort and staying in until asleep as I thought this would be kinder to both of us. She never settled in 6mins, just waited for us to come in with the dummy and pat her to sleep.

I don't want her to become dependent on a dummy to sleep so I decided to go back to the first method (in hindsight I should never have changed). We've been very consistent with this method now for 8 days but there doesn't seem to be much improvement. Some times she will settle herself within 5 mins, sometimes 15 mins, other times she just gets so upset i have to go in to her with the dummy again. I don't let her cry past the 10 min interval.

My question is how long should this take? Most people seem to have success after a few days. Should I persist with this method or maybe stay out of the room completely until she's asleep?

I'm desperate for this to work. CC was a last resort after 8 weeks of pacing up and down the hallway day and night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 months is still very young, bubs change their sleeping habits so frequently in the first 6 months so dont stress yourself out if its not working! Sorry i dont really have a proper answer for you but just wanted to tell you dont let yourself feel bad if it doesnt work how the books say it will work .. My dd never did what the books said she would lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used CC (more of a CIO really I guess) when DD was 4.5mo. It did improve quickly, but took a good couple of weeks before proper success. The pp was right too I think about her being young and changing a lot... DD changed every week between 3 and 4 months!
    Also, maybe think about the stimulation each day and see if its related to the nights she takes longer to settle? I know if DD has had a good day out she takes longer to fall asleep than a nice quiet day at home with good naps. Hang in there it does get better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it settles her just give her the dummy. She is only 3 months old.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovehats For This Useful Post:

leoness79  (16-09-2012)