+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone had a homebirth with their first?

So, we have decided to go the homebirth route! We are going through the mgp from our public hospy.

This is our first child, so I have no idea how I'll be in labour, has anyone else done a hb with their first?

What were your experiences?
    What made you choose homebirth?
    Any tips on a positive birth experience?

TIA

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone? (shameless bump! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes I have but can't answer your questions as wasn't meant to be a homebirth.

Have you gone through some of the birth stories here yet? There are heaps I have read over the years.

Good luck

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I was on my phone before which doesn't show a lot of the older topics for some reason! On computer now so I shall have a look through the stickys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, I homebirthed my first babe, last year. I was 27. It was wonderful & wouldn't change a thing. Used a birth pool to help pain relief, was great, and what else? Lots of changing positions. But you'll feel what you need during labour. It hurt a lot right the end, before babe actually came out, but when I saw how calm my midwife was, it grounded me and I managed to keep it together. And once I picked up my wee babe... well I'm almost tearing up here thinking about it. Honestly it was just the most amazing experience and I hope to homebirth all subsequent children, complications aside obviously.
    I chose homebirth for a few reasons, mainly a fundamental belief that birth is not a medical problem in itself, and that midwives are better at managing birth than doctors. And a midwife operating independently at my home could give me the best possible support.
    Tips, hmm, try to stay active during pregnancy so you are fit for labour - it is hard work.
    Feel free to ask any other specific questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first/only at home and wouldn't change it for the world! The care I got was second to none, the birth I had was brilliant (hard impossible marathon work but would have been different in hospital) and my midwife was brilliant in the postnatal period.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No but I did for #2 and #3, wish I had with #1!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone had a homebirth with their first?

Yes I did. I'm very happy with my decision and am now pregnant with number two and planning another home birth. I had a water birth which I highly recommend, the water was good for pain relief and supports the perineum (I had no tearing). I had a really long labour which wasn't easy, but I wouldn't have wanted to do it any other way. Hope this helps, feel free to pm me any other questions.