+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    I rang absolute domestics. The quote was $61/2hrs. I might do this fortnightly.
    That's who I use. Only 2 weeks in but so far so good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have used absolute domestics for 2 years, as has my mum, and we are very happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it's a great idea.
    DH offered to get a cleaner in to help me once a fortnight but i felt too embarrassed about the state of the house and could see myself cleaning before the cleaner came (so ridiculous, i know), i'm also weird about strangers in my home
    If i could get over those problems i'd hire a cleaner in a heartbeat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh goodness, do it!! Imagine the relief you will feel. You'll be happier and enjoy your days more. Just work through the guilt....!
    I get 3 cleaners in every 8 weeks for 5 hours. It's awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have thought about getting a cleaner but also worry that I would madly clean up before they came. I since have been thinking that if I was to get a cleaner I would ask them to do all the floor area including wiping the skirtings and clean bathrooms and maybe windex the windows. This way I could focus on the general clean up every day and washing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm studying part time so that's when we got a cleaner and it is great. I still have to do daily maintenance but she does bathrooms, kitchen, floors, and dusts. If she has time she does a load of washing and hangs it out too. It means that I have more time to do things with the kids on the two days I'm not studying through the week, and then the weekends can be for us as a family. It makes life so much easier and I thought I'd be embarassed about my 'dirty' house but you get over it. Tuesday afternoons we just make sure everything is tidy and in the right spot to make cleaning easier for her. It takes her about 3 hours.
    We also have a pool man and next year, when I'm studying full time, we'll be hiring a nanny instead of using before/after school care and daycare.
    I feel no guilt what-so-ever and if anyone had anything negative to say I'd just ignore them. I get to have a clean house and have time to study, time to be with my kids, and time for my DH. There is nothing negative to say about it! I've outsourced the boring stuff so I can spend more time on the important stuff. It's a win win!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hiring a cleaner while SAHM

We have had one for 3 months now and it's bliss, she comes every Monday afternoon and does the bathrooms, moping, dusting, and vacuuming. She only charges $20hr