I'm new to this whole forum thing, have been reading a lot of them over the past few weeks, but hadn't actually joined any or posted, but today was a tough one and have finally realised that I'm going to need more support than I realised.
I recently started my first round of IVF (I'm 30 and have bad endo and PCOS), DH is 29 and has perfect swimmers.
Due to my PCOS and the result of my AMH test (29.8) my fs decided to put me on Puregon 125 per day (I was initially going to have the Elonva 7 day injection, but FS was worried about OHSS). I started that on CD3 (monday), had first BT on Saturday. Got a phone call that afternoon to say all looked good and to start the orgalutran on Sunday at 7pm. Did that, then went in for my scan first thing this morning... whilst being scanned (by a tech, not my FS) they thought that I had some cysts (endometriomas, which we knew about) and about 10 follicles measuring about 0.9-1.1 (I think).
We walked over to to the IVF office straight after with our piece of paper with all the ?follicle/?cyst sizes on it, and when we saw the nurse, she said that based on the size of my lining (1cm) she believed the ?cysts were actually larger follicles and if that was the case I was likely to only get 3 eggs from the OPU and that we should maybe consider cancelling if that was the case. I was pretty upset, and she suggested coming back in later in the afternoon to have a scan done by the FS and then see her straight after for more meds etc.
I received a call from her about 3 hours later saying that the FS had reviewed the info and decided to cancel the cycle. SHATTERED. I was too upset to ask many questions, but apparently he believed that we would be able to do a lot better next cycle by upping the meds, and that for possibly 3 eggs it wasn't worth going through with it. Shouldn't that be our decision?? Financially it would be a bit silly if we could get a better result, but now I'm left wondering (over my first glass of wine in ages) if one of those follicles could have been "THE" egg. Also wondering if anyone can give me any info on when/if I'm likely to ovulate without a trigger shot, so that we can at least make sure we give it a good go naturally!!! (Even though we know the chances are minimal).
Any thoughts would be appreciated!