+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Giving birth at GoldCoastwww hospital.

Hi all,
    iv just moved up here and am due early Jan with bub #2. I am booked into GoldCoast hospital , but I havnt heard much positive feedback. What are your opinions/experiences of GC hosp?I am wanting a c-sect due to hip problems(bub #1 was drug free as I can t have an epidural in a vbirth) but am considering natural again depending on feedback of the hosp.please share the good,bad and ugly experiences. Everything will help.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default GC Hospital

The nurses at the Gold Coast Hospital (GCH) told us that the new hospital is opening at the end of December this year - but I don't know if they're still on track!

I've given birth to 2 children at GCH with my next due in Feb 2013 which I'll also have at GCH - in my experience they have been good to me whilst we have been there. They are always exceptionally busy of course but they are attentive and have respected all our wishes thus far although I haven't tried requesting anything 'unusual' during labour, yet

They are effectient and each midwife I have had - which has been quite a few so far after needing a multiple hospital visits with my second - have been really great, very caring, appreciative, and don't leave you guessing. I had to remind them a couple of times of minor things I needed (extra blanket, water refill, etc etc) but it is to be expected as they are flat-tack.

I requested a lot of help with breastfeeding with my first and they always helped and never made me feel silly for asking, and were happy to help me latch every time for the first few times until I got the hang of it.

There are long waits as with any hospital, but when they see you everything is taken care of and you feel free to ask anything you need.

Good luck, and congrats

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbasmama For This Useful Post:

mummy and bubbles  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    GCH is underresourced, BUT... I found in spite of this the staff are great. Most of the Obs are 3rd years who are 'under' a fully qualified Ob... I found they were very up to date in their knowledge, very open and supportive of my informed choices. The MWs are 50/50, some grumps and some angels.

I've had two elective c-sections there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

mummy and bubbles  (13-08-2012)