+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    I had a student midwife with my last pregnancy. She was brilliant!!! I went through a birth centre, so saw the same 4 midwives the whole pregnancy. The student midwife would come in specifically to attend my appointments if she had the day off, she always made me feel comfortable. She conducted many of the appointments herself (main midwife supervised), and when I went into labour she was the one who delivered DD3. She also did daily home visits for the first week.

I found it so lovely having her share this special time with us. If we were having another baby I wouldn't hesitate to have a student midwife again.

ETA- she came to a couple of appointments prior to her asking of I would be willing to have her as my midwife.

I am having one with mine. She is a close friend of mine, and a lovely person. She has been a student middie for 2 of my friends, and they both raved about the care she gave them, both before and after the births. She even attended post natal appoints with them.
    I am glad to have the extra support, I have told her my wishes for the birth, and have asked her to help me stand my ground if needed.