+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm subbing to this topic. My first was born at 39+6, he had slight colic, and was a bugger to get to sleep, but once he was asleep, he slept really well. My second at 38wks, he had reflux, slept terribly, and the first 12 months were very difficult. And this one is still baking. Very interesting!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is interesting and handy to know.

Ds#1 born exactly on 40 weeks - showed no signs of wanting out, (induced for medical reasons, c section)
    Ds#2 39+4 schedueled c section

Im worried they will try and schedule my belly babe in the 38th week... I want her in as close to 40 weeks as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS 41+2 ...very healthy, big bub, spontaneous labour, natural birth, pretty settled but did have some health issues that resulted in surgery at 22 months (no tear ducts). Gained weight well, did have food intollerances.

DD 38 w - 3 days in special care (emergency section due to infection and failing placenta), slow to gain weight (still only 10.6 kg at 2 years old).

Mine very different circumstances though. I believe, best for bubs to come when they are ready and to stay put till at least 40 w...but, that not always possible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced 10days before ds1's due date for convenience as we opted to give birth 2700kms away from our home. Had a difficult long labour. Bub had colic/reflux.

I was induced 14days before ds2'2 due date due to his size already being as big as ds1 and hoping to avoid the complications of the birth of ds1. I had already had a show in the week prior. Ds's birth was short and easy. He never had colic/reflux but he was a bit jaundice. He weighed a pound lighter than ds1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 was born naturally at 42 weeks she never got sick with anything until she was diagnosed with the 1 diabetes..
    DD2,3&4 were born via c/s between 37-38 weeks with no complications 2&4 had/have bad reflux DD3 had colic and asthma..

Not sure if any of these things are to do with being early or c/s's