+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Stitch-like pain on right side

Does anyone else get this? I've been getting pain on my right side from pretty much week 6 (I'm now 26 weeks). They looked at the area with an ultrasound and said all looked and it must be 'one of those things'. In an internal ultrasound they reproduced the pain when they nudged my ovary, so I thought it must be that. At that stage it wasn't so bad anyway.

Now I'm just getting it all the time when I walk. Only when I walk, but it starts about 2 minutes in and gets so intense I have to stop walking. It's not cramps, really feels like a stitch. It stops hurting within 30 seconds of when I stop walking. Riding a stationary bike on the other hand, is fine.

I'm not seeing my OB for another 2 weeks, although I did tell him about this early on. He didn't seem earlier concerned but when the ultrasound showed nothing he didn't seem very interested in it at all!

Anyone else had this please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a similar problem when I was pregnant with my first. It was a ruptured ovarian cyst. Did they mention anything like that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eek! That sounds bad. Hope you're ok.

I think they would have picked that up on an ultrasound, I have been mentioning it from the beginning (not that I necessarily trust them to pick these things up). Was it sore all the time, or just when you were active?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 18 weeks and have had it since about 6 weeks too. They checked US and did a urinalysis to check for uti or kidney infection. They have put it down just to the way the uterus has grown and they think it's pinching some of the ligaments and nerves sometimes. But that's just me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When I was active, I worked up until I was 30 weeks, and then I couldnt bear the pain any longer when walking. It was 8 years ago this month lol! I still have cysts that "catch" every now and then.

Does the pain go away when you put heat on it like a wheat pack? I would say a hot bath but thats a no no in pregnancy and warm water can help too

Having said all this, ligaments do some serious stretching in pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where on the right is it? Upper or lower? I've been having some killer pain through the right side of my ribs for three weeks (I also have high blood pressure too) I'm 23 weeks now, and am getting an ultrasound to see if there's anything wrong with my gall bladder. So if your pain is around your ribs it COULD have something to do with that though everyone is different so it's unlikely. If it's the lower parts then I don't know sorry hope you can get some answers soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pain is about level with my hips and always in the same place. To be honest, it sounds like where my ovary is. Not sure about the heat pack because it stops as soon as I stop walking so I've never really tried it.

Grebbeci, I think they did all those tests on me too and came up with nothing. If it's a cyst on my ovary that they missed I'm not going to be happy!

Having said that, Dr Google says it might be round ligament pain, so maybe I just need to have a chat with my OB with some specific examples of what it might be.