+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First time mum questions..

Hi All,

I am due October the 15th when did/do you get the baby car seat fitted round abouts?? Also is it to early to have a hospital bag packed? And also with creams lotions etc for bub, how early has anyone bought these things, I'm worried about buying stuff to early and it just sitting there, could it potentially be bad for bubs skin?

Sorry for seeming a bit stupid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's not too early to have your bag packed, I think with my first I packed and unpacked several times just out of excitement.

WE had our carseats in about a month in advance.

Creams and lotions aren't necessary at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    definately not too early to start packing a bag or deciding what you want to go in it. i didn't actually pack mine until my waters broke and then i freaked and had to pack super quick lol.

carseat was the same i didn't get installed professionally because of my job i've done it a million times so it didn't actually go in until my due date with DD1 and until i was in labour with DD2 lol

as for lotions and creams you don't really need any but if you want some like sudocrem etc then buying it now won't hurt they have a very long expiry date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha Tutu, that's funny. I'm a bit of a last minute person too sometimes. With the creams I was referring to shampoo's, baby soap etc. So I guess that's all ok to grab now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutchy View Post
    Hi All,

I am due October the 15th when did/do you get the baby car seat fitted round abouts?? Also is it to early to have a hospital bag packed? And also with creams lotions etc for bub, how early has anyone bought these things, I'm worried about buying stuff to early and it just sitting there, could it potentially be bad for bubs skin?

Sorry for seeming a bit stupid
    Lotions and stuff tend to be foil sealed or locked so they tend to keep for a long time. Plus with babies, you tend to go through a lot of your favorites, FAST!!

As for me I had my car seat installed @ 34 weeks and my bags packed @ 35.
    Lucky for me as I went into labor at 37 weeks and only had a 12 hour labor...

It's always best to be prepared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think our antenatal class (1st pregnancy now on 3rd) said at 35 weeks make sure you're packed and sit on a towel to drive incase your waters break

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due October 14th with my third. We havnt even got a carseat for bubs yet but have 4 (over 2 cars). I havnt really even thought much about what I need for his bby yet. Havnt brought a thing yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to say bags from 30 weeks Just in case you go early - like me! I had all my lists drawn up and fully intended on getting around to packing my bags. And then at 34 weeks ended up in hospital and unable to come home, got induced and had bub. Left my DH running around like a madman packing my bags, and not only packing my bag but also having to go out and buy things like knickers, and maternity pads etc as I hadnt even bought things yet. We also didn't have our car seat done, so we did that after bub was born, but while she was still in the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due 3 days after you with my first! Getting car seat installed at 34-36 weeks, haven't gotten creams etc, waiting for the baby shower where hopefully some of my friends who are already mums will get some so I don't have to decide on brands etc! Had our birthing class last weekend and they said aim to be packed by 33 weeks so have started getting maternity pads, granny undies etc together. Would hate for dh to end up having to do it, who knows what would be packed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Nothing wrong with packing your bag early. I had to run home and throw stuff in a bag when they told me I was going to be induced.

We never had our car seat installed by someone else. We had to change cars too often so we did it ourself each time it changed cars. I've gotten a lot quicker now then in the beginning.