+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for answering openly and honestly folks! I guess I tend to sit toward an AP style of parenting so it shocked me when a friend left her 3 week bub with friends for the weekend. While its none of my business and I'd never openly disapprove or make her uncomfortable by asking questions, I was just curious about what other women's views are about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bizzybee by name and Bizzybee by nature eh?

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (14-08-2012),Boobycino  (14-08-2012),bumMum  (13-08-2012),Chocolate All Gone Now  (14-08-2012),Inked Mumma  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds is 26 months, the longest he has been away from me is 8 hours last thursday when he went to daycare,

I still could not image leaving him over night.
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think its all about you and your personal situation. Do what you feel is safe and best and don't worry about what other people think of you. I left my first baby at five weeks old so I could go out clubbing. I'm not a terrible unloving mother either!
    My second child is 14 months and I haven't left her overnight yet.
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    Hi guys. I'm not sure I'm posting in the right section but at what age would you leave your new born baby with a friend, overnight, so you can have a bit of a drinky/normalcy back in your life?
    I left DS when he was 7 weeks old overnight with my Mum. I was having friends over for my 20th bday and didn't want them to disturb him.

I don't think I would do it again that early. I was worrying about him a lot. I did really appreciate the break though and to get my sanity back.

It was very well planned too with me pumping for weeks to have more than enough milk in case of emergency.

I still haven't left him overnight with a friend. Only ever family. Friends have babysat but only for a couple hours at most.

I think it's a personal thing. You have to feel comfortable that they would be able to look after your newborn as well as you would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I left DD1 at 7 weeks old with the in laws for a wedding... Although it wasnt an over nighter as such, we went out at around 3pm for the ceremony and home by 11pm... We will be leaving DS with MIL at 6 wks old next sat night for a similar time frame whilst we go out... Each to their own. DD is now a well adjusted, happy healthy 5yo. I dont think it impacted on her, or our relationship, being left in the care of grandparents. Unless harm could come from the care arrangements, i dont know why people get so judgy over this topic. Live and let live.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could never leave a newborn overnight! Firstly, if I had a newborn then I'd likely be too tired to get dolled up to head out for a night on the town. If I went out I'd just spend the entire time worrying about bubby anyway.

DD1 is 3 and a half and she's having her first sleep over at her Aunty's this week just cause she wants to and has been asking for ages she's so excited.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would not leave a newborn, no never. I left my 3 month old with my sister when we attended a wedding but I was texting her every two seconds, I wasn't drinking and we only stayed for a short time.

Apart from that, I don't think I will leave her over night at least for another year. I also have no intention or plans to do any thing that would require that anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubhub View Post
    Hiya

You might get some more info on starting Toilet Training on the following page of the Child & Youth Health (South Australia) website: http://www.cyh.com/cyh/parentopics/u...m?topic_id=121

Our boy (who is now 3 and 4 months) didn't show any interest until he was about 2 and 8 months. We kept asking if he wanted to use the potty and he'd just say 'no'. However, when he did say 'yes' he learnt really quickly. We had very few accidents and no problems at all - he was always happy to use the toilet or potty (he prefers the toilet with an insert so that he doesn't 'fall in'!). Other parents that I've spoken to have said that it's best to wait until they are ready - don't worry about other friends having their kids trained at an earlier age - and it makes it much easier for all concerned.
    You don't have to get it. You just have to get over it. Not your family, not your business. You definitely need more **** to worry about if you are having to hold back your judgement over something like this.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Leaving a newborn baby

That's kind of uncalled for. There's no need to be nasty, which is how you have just come across. I haven't criticised anyone, simply asked a question, which no one is obligated to answer, for my own curiosity.