+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends on the frequency... Like if it's every weekend I'd say what the hell r you doing, but every now n then after maybe 3months I'm sure is fine with a close very trusted relative. My bub is 3weeks old now and I've been away for a few hours every couple of days for different appointments. I can't really breast feed anyway so his daddy or my mum can bottle feed him. Havent been drinking though, don't personally seeing myself leaving bub with anyone to go out all night drinking any time soon, I'm too tired to do any of that anyway with his 2-3hrly feeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We went out for the first time without bub when she was 6 weeks old - not an overnighter - just a couple of hours left with her grandparents while DH & I went to a friend's 30th birthday so we could mingle and have a few quiet drinks. She is 2 now and we have still never had an overnight away from her. I think its a combination of never having the right opportunity to do so and me really not quite being ready to do so. Maybe when she is a bit older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter is 2.5 years and had her 1st sleep over at my parents last month.
    When she was 6 weeks old I was rushed to the hospital with gall bladder attack and she came with me and stayed over night, she also stayed overnight when I had my gall bladder out when she was 6months, for me there was nothing that would make me leave my baby overnight but each to their own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would not leave a newborn baby with a friend. The earliest I left my daughter was 4 months, with my husband (her dad) not a friend. I left my 2 kids, aged 11 months and 3 with a friend overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I left my dd for the first time at 12 months for my brothers wedding that both dh and I were on the bridal party. I wouldn't have done it otherwise until 2 maybe

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Whenever mum is comfortable so long as bub is left with an appropriate carer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Left DS with my parents for a dinner with some other mum friends when DS was 10 weeks old. I picked him up after 3 hours.
    Then when DS was 4 months old, I got very sick and was admitted to hospital. Luckily I had been pumping like mad in those first 4 months and had enough spare milk to last my parents the 5 days I was in hospital for.
    As that went quite well, my parents had DS for another 2 days after I got home, just to catch my breath.

However, they did bring DS into the hospital 3 times a day for a feed as otherwise I would have had 2 craters left instead of breasts. They would've had exploded after 5 days. Oh yes, they gave me a pump from the maternity ward, but it was cr@p

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would never do and never have, but in saying that I babysit babies under 12 months all the time down to 3 months being the youngest.

My kids have never stayed with friends and they are in school I left them with my mum/dad for a few hours while we moved house lol
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 13-08-2012 at 21:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutu & Lulu View Post
    Um i'm a bit confused you asked how old people would leave their babies then you are trying not to be judgemental what exactly was the answer that you were looking for???
    I'm not looking for an answer, just looking for insight and opinion. The only way I can broaden my view is by listening to others and trying not to be close minded about it. Is that okay? Or should I just seek like minded people and not at least attempt to understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not reading all the replies but in answer to your question yes. Not to have a drink but to have a bit of sleep.

My mum watched dd a couple of times so we could get some sleep and also so we could go for dinner (slept with her in our spare room).

There are far worse things you can do when you have a newborn than leave them in the care of a responsible adult.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (13-08-2012)