+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    I'm just struggling not to be a judgmental ***** to be honest. I don't know how women can leave their young babies (spesh newborn). I just don't get it?
    So.. Obviously we're not talking about you? Or someone has asked you out and you don't think you should go?

There must be a reason for the OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I left my DS at quite a young age as it was a year of 21sts and after being excluded from my friends social world for 9months I felt compelled to regain some aspect of my life back.

It is single handedly the most regretful thing I have ever done. I became resentful and didn't bond properly until he was about 6-7 months. I would NEVER do it again.

I guess I was in a different stage of my life back then and now number 2 is due in the next couple of weeks - I won't be letting her out of my sight until shes at least 1.5years old. Dad doesn't count of course, but Noone else will be looking after her overnight!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd1 is 2 next week and she has spent a 8hrs away twice in that period without either me or DH. Once at 12wks and again at 1yo. Both for weddings. Otherwise she is with DH or myself.

I've been away twice from dd1 - 5 days when dd2 was born and then 10 days when dd2 was in hospy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    What was horrible about it? I leave my 3 kids with DH often including when they were babies and he loved his special time with them. Just curious what made it horrible for you or him.

Oh it's totally just my baby... He is very attached to boobies, won't drink from a bottle or eat solids. I never had a problem with my older two boys, but ds3 seems to have a lot of separation anxiety... We jointly decided that it wasn't worth it til hes a bit older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mmy2b View Post
    Oh it's totally just my baby... He is very attached to boobies, won't drink from a bottle or eat solids. I never had a problem with my older two boys, but ds3 seems to have a lot of separation anxiety... We jointly decided that it wasn't worth it til hes a bit older.
    Fair enough. DD2 was a nightmare to leave as well (no bottle or dummy just boobs) so I know where you're coming from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The answer is... if you want to do it, the right time is whenever you feel ready.

If you trust the person and you have an easy baby and are comfortable with leaving bubba overnight, that's fine. As long as you have arrangements for dealing with your milk and bubba has plenty of feeds, go for it I say.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MMelissa For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I left my first when she was 3 months old to be a bridesmaid at a wedding...I went and got her after the wedding finished and hated not being able to have her there (bridezilla) and I swore never again and never again it was.

DH and I didn't have a child free night together until last year...so it was almost 6 years. I don't really think that is ideal either, just the way it worked out for us.
    I wasn't ready to leave them overnight until they were toddlers but the bridezilla who wouldn't let me take my baby to her wedding left her daughter overnight at 6 weeks with her MIL. I found it very hard to understand why she would want to leave her baby at that age but I tried very hard to just accept that we were different people who parented differently. She was diagnosed with PND when the baby was 3 months old so that could have played a part in her reasoning, or maybe not...either way, it is no reflection on her as a mother and any judgement I felt about it was really my issue, not hers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not overnight, but I just went to the supermarket alone for the first time since DS birth. He's 8 days old, left him sleeping after a feed with my mum. Oh my, I did half the shopping, purchased everything we didn't need and nothing we did, I have never been so stressed and in and out of supermarket so fast!

So will be a long time before I'm ready for overnights!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first night without DD was when she was around 8-12 weeks old.
    She stayed at my MIL's overnight, I misses her so much I was up at 7am the following morning begging DH to go and pick her up (he was rather enjoying the sleep in!).

From around 6 months DD was having regular one-night sleep overs at grandparent's house - kept me sane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I left my DD for the first time when she was 6 weeks old to go drinking on new years. I had a great time til the end, left her with my mum at about 8pm and got home at about 4 and bawled my eyes out coz I missed her so much!

Each to their own as long as then are being cared for...