+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Judge all you like, we left DS with my parents overnight ( at our place) when he was 5 weeks old so we could go to DH's works Christmas do and stay in the city and yes drink

DS was fed, tended to and just as happy as he would have been if we were there.

If you have someone you trust to look after them and you are able to then why ever not, for what ever reason.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (14-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmm I personally wouldn't before one overnight. Even in the day. Ds3 is 8 months and I left him for 3 hours in the day (with daddy) and it was horrible!

However I strongly believe in happy mum happy children... If you think you need it then go for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Judge all you like, we left DS with my parents overnight ( at our place) when he was 5 weeks old so we could go to DH's works Christmas do and stay in the city and yes drink

DS was fed, tended to and just as happy as he would have been if we were there.

If you have someone you trust to look after them and you are able to then why ever not, for what ever reason.
    I agree. Personally I've never left my babies until they were well over 1 due to breastfeeding and also no one to leave them with, but if it works for you then that's great. How lovely for your mum to do that for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Lil M  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    I'm just struggling not to be a judgmental ***** to be honest. I don't know how women can leave their young babies (spesh newborn). I just don't get it?
    Um i'm a bit confused you asked how old people would leave their babies then you are trying not to be judgemental what exactly was the answer that you were looking for???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by mmy2b View Post
    Hmmm I personally wouldn't before one overnight. Even in the day. Ds3 is 8 months and I left him for 3 hours in the day (with daddy) and it was horrible!

However I strongly believe in happy mum happy children... If you think you need it then go for it.
    What was horrible about it? I leave my 3 kids with DH often including when they were babies and he loved his special time with them. Just curious what made it horrible for you or him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutu & Lulu View Post
    Um i'm a bit confused you asked how old people would leave their babies then you are trying not to be judgemental what exactly was the answer that you were looking for???
    I was wondering the same thing. Clearly you have an example in mind OP that you don't agree with??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    A newborn? Never.
    I agree and definately not just to go out and drink so Ican be happy.

I chose to give that up when I had kids

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My son just had his first overnight stay with my parents two weeks ago (I had my 30th birthday party at our house and we didn't want him to be there with all the noise etc) he's 9 months old. But...he's been babysat by my best friend and my parents on a few occasions so that we can go out for dinner or the movies etc.

I've also left him with DH while I was out at hens nights or similar. I reckon, whenever you feel ready

Thanks
    Reviews
    And just to clarify, if its for an outing thats just fine, but if its for you to just go to the bar and drink then i don't think its right to leave your new born

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Personally, FOR ME, I wouldn't want to be away from my newborn at all. To me it's normal for mum and bub to be joined at the hip (well... mouth to boob) day and night for at least the first 6 weeks. Isn't that how breastfeeding works?

I do believe though that if you have a very supportive family and you feel like you need some time away to rest then you should do that. Not really to go out drinking though.

As for over-nighters, My eldest is 2.5 and he's spent one night away from me when I had DD and the private hospital I birthed in INSISTED I stay the night even though I was fine! I hated it, and plan on going public next time simply so I can go home and not have to be away from my family!!