+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A newborn I wouldn't leave.
    Only because I've breastfed and its been important to me to me to maintain this.
    I left mine around the 12 month mark when they could have a bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldnt leave a newborn for a night out drinking.
    We left DS at about 8 weeks for a few hours with my MIL at our home so we could go out for dinner for our anniversary.
    Our first night away from DS was when he was 7 months old so we could go to a wedding. Now at 22 months we have had 5 or 6 nights away from DS. We usually stay the night before we leave with MIL so our son is completely comfortable there and we arent dumping and running.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Whenever YOU feel comfortable with it. While its not for everyone, if YOU are happy with whoever they are left with and they are safe, will be fed etc go for it.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    I could never do it, but if you feel comfortable with it then go for it!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&MrMagoo For This Useful Post:

Amira  (13-08-2012)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Our son was nearly 5 yrs old when he slept away from home without DH or myself(and that was at my mum's in an emergency situation)....and that was the right age for us. A newborn though? Couldn't do

Eta - and now I'm thinking about it, our oldest DD was also about 5. Our two youngest, aged 4 and nearly 6 yrs have never had a night away overnight without either DH or myself there and that has only been to my Mum or to MIL, but with one of us there too overnight.
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 13-08-2012 at 14:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    Hi guys. I'm not sure I'm posting in the right section but at what age would you leave your new born baby with a friend, overnight, so you can have a bit of a drinky/normalcy back in your life?

As soon as i feel confident to be able to relax and enjoy a night away from the baby without thinking about it most of the night and feeling guilty. Otherwise i dont believe it's worth the fuss to go out.
    Id wait untill i have a good feeding and sleep routine established and bub's is sleeping thru the night as it makes it alot easier for the babysitter. So personally, i would proably wait untill bub's is around 6-8mths.
    DD is 18mths and ive only ever left her overnight once when she was 15mths with my parents. DH and i had to travel to a good friends engagement party and wanted enjoy a few good drinks. I had a great time and break away from her but reallllllllllly missed her lol.
    Last edited by Hunkamunka; 13-08-2012 at 14:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thinking more into it, my nearly 2 and nearly 4 year olds have not spent the night away - with the exception of when DD2 was born and the other kids stayed at our house with my mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it but also I was BF both of mine till 12mths so wasn't till they were weaned that they had sleepovers at either my Mum or MIL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds was 8 months when we left him overnight with mil, I was maid of honour and planed a hens night. I think whenever your comfortable leaving a bub no set age.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son didnt have his first sleepover til almost 3... That's just me though.

I don't think I would have left my newborn with anyone... maybe a few hours to go out for dinner or soemthing but now all ngiht.. but he was also BF and didnt sleep so I felt bad to expect anyone to have to deal with him like that.

Guess it depends on what feels right to you, there is no right or wrong answer...

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1's first time to be away from me overnight was when i was admitted to hospital when she was 11months old and then at 20 months when i again was admitted to hospital to have her baby sister. other then that she's never stayed away from me and never to go out she is my life if we go out for dinner she comes too

DD2 has never ever stayed anywhere away from me overnight and she is 21months old now.

I guess everyone is different but i don't have the desire to go out and party etc without my kids if we go to a party we take them we don't stay out later then about 10pm and i don't drink so it isn't an issue

but i would never leave a baby younger then about 1 with anyone including my mum who i'm incredibly close to