+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has a pre-schooler who's never spent a night apart. DF and I have been out once since DD was born 20 months ago. It was my xmas work do last year but neither of us drank and we were home by about 10pm.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Leaving a newborn baby

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    Hi guys. I'm not sure I'm posting in the right section but at what age would you leave your new born baby with a friend, overnight, so you can have a bit of a drinky/normalcy back in your life?
    I think rather than wonder when she can get some normality back in her life she could see what she has now as the new normal.

As her friend perhaps you can help her with this?

I love my 4 m/o DD with every ounce of my being and couldn't possibly leave her just because I felt like going out. I made my choice...
    Last edited by Nagari; 14-08-2012 at 20:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nagari View Post
    I think rather than wonder when she can get some normality back in her life she could see what she has now as the new normal.

As her friend perhaps you can help her with this?

I love my 4 m/o DD with every ounce of my being and couldn't possibly leave her just because I felt like going out. I made my choice...
    Lol. Are you implying that only parents who don't love their children have time away from them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Haven't read any of the thread.

Huge no. Not newborn not until maybe 9-12 months and even then for only a few hours.

An old friend of mine tried ear bashing me bc I wouldn't get a babysitter for my 12 DAY OLD (yes you read that right) so DH and I could drink with them, saying we needed 'couple time' and insinuated we had a no connection anymore bc we refused to dump a child waking 4-5 times a night with a babysitter.

If I want to a drink with friends (and wasn't bfing) I would get them to come over and have a couple.

eta - I don't care what others do, just speaking for myself alone...
    Last edited by delirium; 14-08-2012 at 20:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I left my 5 week old with my parents to see a movie...

I'm pretty sure that other parents don't love their kids more than I love mine (although I'm sure a few think they do).

Wouldn't leave them overnight though, although I would likely leave them with grandparents for a night at 6 months plus. But probably won't as they all live overseas lol!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Leaving a newborn baby

Wowzer

I feel kinda bad. I have an extremely high needs bub who is 8 months old. My dp works 16 days away 4 days home we have a night away from her when he is home just so we can talk and watch tele. We have been doing this since she was three months
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by meesha87 View Post
    Wowzer

I feel kinda bad. I have an extremely high needs bub who is 8 months old. My dp works 16 days away 4 days home we have a night away from her when he is home just so we can talk and watch tele. We have been doing this since she was three months
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    That's why these kind of threads suck. You shouldn't feel bad for leaving your dd with a responsible adult for a few hours. Motherhood isn't a competition, it's about doing what's right for YOUR family. Not what someone one the Internet thinks you should be doing. Good on you for recognising that a happy mum and dad contribute positively to a happy family life for baby

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

meesha87  (14-08-2012),Wise Enough  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

DD was about 3 when she finally spent nights away from me and that was only due to her having finally having over night visits with her dad who I separated from when she was 15 months old. But she's always been a mummies girl and as a baby couldn't fall asleep without me and my hair haha

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If a mother is ready and feels comfortable leaving her baby in trusted care, who cares? There aren't any rules and everyone is different/has different needs.
    I personally am nowhere near ready (not that I go out regularly anyway) and if I felt like unwiding or whatever, I'd probably just have a glass of wine at home. Not like I'd get drunk. But, having an almost 3 week old, I have absolutely no desire to leave her anytime soon (or drink.. I'm up for night feeds so couldn't drink anyway) I can't even stand to be in the next room without missing her, lol. I can't get enough of her and there's plently of time to go out or whatever when I feel ready. But like I said, it's the furthest thing from my mind at the moment.
    So yeah, there is no real right or wrong time, each to their own.. it's an individual, personal choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by CakeyLoaf View Post
    Lol. Are you implying that only parents who don't love their children have time away from them?
    No, I think she is saying they have different priorities.