Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    "apparently" her routines didn't work on her boys though :eyes:

OP

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2Ruairi View Post
    wow, i didnt expect to get so many replies so quickly!
    Tizzys always been a hot topic of convocation. So many for/against her 'advice'

I wonder if eventually her book will be banned..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Please send that to her. Fabulous letter.

I didn't try Tizzie with my first born but did try a strict routine ala Pinky McKay. I tried it for 24 hours and it went against all my mummy instincts. My baby boy was desperately clinging to me and bawling by the end of that day. I threw the book at the wall.

I now attachment parent. Love it and love my secure and happy little boys

Hugs to you xx

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (13-08-2012),Boobycino  (13-08-2012),smallpotatoes  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    I really feel for you. Ive been in this exact position. I shamefully admit that i was a lost first time mother that got given this book and thought it would give me what was promised. DS is 2 and still wakes 1-3 times a night and will never fall asleep on me because he was 'put in his place of sleep'.

I'd give anything to take that time back.

Lots of hugs
    For what it's worth, my 9 month old will not fall asleep on me either unless he's sick. And I haven't done any routine or sleep training with him at all (((hugs)))

Thanks
    Reviews

ive never joined a forum before but it feels nice to know there are others in the same boat as me!

xx
    You'll get more info from real life experiences and knowledge from this forum then from any book. The best thing I done was join here

I'm sorry that happened to you. I too don't know much about her/her book, only what ive read on here, but as a new-ish mum too I know how you must be feeling especially as it sounds like you were depending on this method for help.
    As you said, he will work out his own routine in time, and all the bad things won't last forever xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haha, I'll bet! I'm the same, got some traditional names going on and we are having a tough time getting everyone to spell and pronounce them right!

and Beebs, thank u for the compliment on his name, we are having lots of trouble with people knowing how to pronounce it!! (pronounced Roory/Rury)!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    he's not that bad a sleeper, just normal I think! but he's a bit of a grump a lot of the time (i blame his dad, haha!) anyway that was what I was trying to change because I thought maybe we were doing something wrong in his usual day to day activities...

I could write my own book on all the reasons not to follow the SOS thing, the number of contradictions she makes being one of them.
    And aside from all the others, the biggest wrongdoing is making mothers defy their maternal instincts. we have them for a reason!!!

Wild animals don't have books and I bet they are psychologically healthier than any of 'Tizzie's babies'...

All I can say is I was grateful that I'm no longer breastfeeding as after Ruairi had his bottle, I had mine...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought this book on the recommendation of SO many people when DS1 was having sleep problems as a little baby.
    I took one look at it and ran in the other direction. Her "methods" are definitely not for me and my babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think she actually condones babies crying to sleep.
    I think she says to leave them for a period of time, say 10 minutes and then go in the room and let them know you are there, pat them, shush them etc. And once you walk in the room you are not to leave once they are asleep.
    She also says you will get to know the difference between protesting and distressed crying and does not advise you leaving a baby that is distressed.

Its a book and a guide and not for everyone. Obviously people are very opinionated about it.
    Worked in our household and I dont think my daughter is going to be psychologically damaged. She certainly gets plenty of sleep and is rarely grumpy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Manny For This Useful Post:

RubySunrise  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All I can say is cheers to you for being so brave to put it out there. I've never read her book nor want to. I have 3 kids, all have been cuddled, fed to sleep since birth. I didn't have children to train them. My youngest is the worlds worst sleeper. He's now 2. And I'm with him every night all night til he longer need me. It's such a short time in my life that they need me.

I decided early on not to read books - babies don't read books. There are so many expert books out there, there is not one rule to fit all kids. No one talks about the sick child (which i have). I give my kids what they need. If that's lots of cuddles then so be it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wigglemum For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (14-08-2012)