Closed Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    It's in our policy to never leave a baby unattended during wake times (including as they fall asleep) and check on them ever 2 to 5 minutes once asleep. This is from SIDS and Kids as well.

I must be not understanding, you don't mean check on the every 2-5 minutes all through the night right??

And also - re leaving baby unattended. Yeah, you can do that when you only have one. However - once you have more than one baby, sometimes you have to leave one alone for a little while, whilst you are attending to another.

I know someone will get on and tell me their friends with quads or whatever didn't ever leave their babies ever, but that is what I found. I had to separate my twins into different rooms as one could sleep on his own and the other cried 24 hours a day 7 days a week, so yeah, sometimes they are were left to their own devices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    SIDS say dummies may reduce the risk, I'd much rather follow them than some unqualified nanny!

Dummy use depends on each child, both my children slept through no problems with dummies. Once they were asleep, they were out.

Yet again another example of how SOS "one size fits all" with no room for flexibility.

I think it's interesting that people criticise people against this woman, and say they obviously haven't read the book, or don't understand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember chatting to a father of a four-month old when my son was the same age, he was trying to convince me to try Tizzy Hall's method, and even had his wife e-mail me some info. My son still isn't a great sleeper but at least he knows his needs will be met and that his mum will be there for him. In my opinion, that is far more important than him learning to self-soothe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    SIDS say dummies may reduce the risk, I'd much rather follow them than some unqualified nanny!

Dummy use depends on each child, both my children slept through no problems with dummies. Once they were asleep, they were out.

Yet again another example of how SOS "one size fits all" with no room for flexibility.

I think it's interesting that people criticise people against this woman, and say they obviously haven't read the book, or don't understand
    So... You're critical of tizzie because she says no dummy which is against a SIDS recommendation (fair enough) but you take your kids dummy out once they are alseep?

"one size fits all"... "no room for flexibility. What a load of fiction. It's a book with tools and strategies and parents can and should use their commonsense.

How about you just say "it's not for me" instead of making wild erroneous and incorrect inflammatory statements.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

RubySunrise  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You should paste that post on her face book page OP.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

Mum2Ruairi  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    See, this is what I mean. I am no means a follower of Tizzie Hall, but to insiunate that if you control cry that your child's needs aren't being met and that somehow you aren't there for them is just so insulting.

It might not be your cup of tea, I get that. But CC does work for some families - it doesn't mean they are bad parents - or that they don't love their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
    I remember chatting to a father of a four-month old when my son was the same age, he was trying to convince me to try Tizzy Hall's method, and even had his wife e-mail me some info. My son still isn't a great sleeper but at least he knows his needs will be met and that his mum will be there for him. In my opinion, that is far more important than him learning to self-soothe.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

RubySunrise  (14-08-2012),VicPark  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
    Are you insinuating that babies who follow SOS either don't know their needs will be met or don't have their needs met? If you are then it shows a real lack of knowledge about how SOS works.
    - I chose the right routines for my bubbas weight and after a few days of whinging he didn't cry for a feed or cry to sleep.. Because the times between feeds and sleeps were appropriate for him.
    - Instead of waiting until a bub is crying from hunger or tiredness the routines work to anticipate bubs needs so there is no need for them to cry.

This amateur analysis of SOS is really getting old. And a little hoighty toighty.
    Last edited by VicPark; 14-08-2012 at 09:02.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    So... You're critical of tizzie because she says no dummy which is against a SIDS recommendation (fair enough) but you take your kids dummy out once they are alseep?

"one size fits all"... "no room for flexibility. What a load of fiction. It's a book with tools and strategies and parents can and should use their commonsense.

How about you just say "it's not for me" instead of making wild erroneous and incorrect inflammatory statements.
    It's interesting you get so defensive when you have said in other threads you don't even implement her techniques, you seem to offer a lot of advice in SOS threads, so obviously it's not for you either, perhaps you should take your own advice.

I didn't say I take the dummy out? Once my children were in a deep sleep, it fell out, and they didn't wake up!

I'm beginning to think you haven't read the book, those routines are very rigid for each stage/age!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why don't we all just stop with the insinuating and implying and just state what we honestly think?

Personally I think Tizzy is an idiot! I love the ops letter and hope she sends it :-)

***Sent from my phone***

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Mum2Ruairi  (14-08-2012),wigglemum  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    It's interesting you get so defensive when you have said in other threads you don't even implement her techniques, you seem to offer a lot of advice in SOS threads, so obviously it's not for you either, perhaps you should take your own advice.

I didn't say I take the dummy out? Once my children were in a deep sleep, it fell out, and they didn't wake up!

I'm beginning to think you haven't read the book, those routines are very rigid for each stage/age!
    Not only do you fail to read the book properly, but you fail to read my posts properly as well.

I follow the book, about 95% of the time. I use my common sense. Routines are important but you have to be flexible in moving up/down a routine based on your babies weight and needs. This is commonsense but it's also mentioned in the book. I don't see how you can follow the book 100% of the time: If you do the foundation components correctly they most of the time you won't have to do the settling/protest crying for more than a few nights.

Well my sincerest apologies your kids dummies fall out instead of you taking them out.
    - Do you put the dummies back in? Since the SIDS guidelines you mentioned to take a swing at SOS say dummies may reduce SIDS. ?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post: