Closed Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Share a book, I wish I could poo on demand!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaandaw View Post
    Share a book, I wish I could poo on demand!?!
    Haha wouldn't it make life easier? LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haven't read all the replies but thought I'd share my experience. SOS was recommended to me by a family friend whose daughter follows the routines and sleeps perfectly. I read the whole book and thought I'd give it a go. I wrote down the recommended routine for my daughters age group and tried to follow it over 2 days. I think dd would have been about 2 mths old I can't really remember but around then. Basically those two days dd and myself were miserable and grumpy. I realized that me trying to force this routine on her was making things worse for us both. As soon as I threw out my list and did things how I felt comfortable we both were much happier and I found not long after dd fell into her own routine, which was much different to the book and worked perfectly for her and my family. I don't go about bashing the book and actually I found some info helpful and other bits not, personally it just wasn't for us (dd is now 2 and waaaaaay to spirited to fit into any kind of box lol) different things work for different people, I don't regret trying the routine as it taught me what works for me and my child. Op good luck and hopefully soon ur little man will find his own routine that'll be perfect for you both!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well done Mum2rauri,
    As an early childhood educator, specializing in under two's rooms, it broke my heart to have to follow families instructions on how to put their bubs to sleep when following Tizzie's books, and they weren't even my children! Try using those strategies on a baby that's just started childcare, is in a strange environment sharing a cot room with 4 other babies! It was hell and while I always tried my best to respect families wishes for their child routines, secretly I felt so sad for the babies and just wanted to give them cuddles!
    I never implemented controlled crying techniques at long day care and I was supported by the NCAC and Sids and Kids, not to mention my children's services advisor. If you don't want to do it you shouldn't have to, to be honest you shouldn't be doing it in care at all. I'm all for parental beliefs being respected but not when it goes totally against professional recommendations.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

share a book  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    By one parent being 100% for and the other parent being 100% against, and a baby who was very sensitive to start with. I'm not saying all would have been that way, but yes, for my nephew it deeply affected him, the relationship he now has with his mum, the relationship his parents have with one another, and basically those all around them.
    It doesn't sound like its due to the book to me. Sounds like the parents weren't on the same wavelength from the get go. And that the mum possibly had stress/other issues?

Bad relationships with mother/child, mother/father aren't caused by a book.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

RubySunrise  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Well done Mum2rauri,
    As an early childhood educator, specializing in under two's rooms, it broke my heart to have to follow families instructions on how to put their bubs to sleep when following Tizzie's books, and they weren't even my children! Try using those strategies on a baby that's just started childcare, is in a strange environment sharing a cot room with 4 other babies! It was hell and while I always tried my best to respect families wishes for their child routines, secretly I felt so sad for the babies and just wanted to give them cuddles!
    People gave you instructions? I mean I follow SOS but use commonsense too. Daycare can be stressful for bub and I had fears about bub not sleeping at all. I just told the daycare folks "here are his sleep times at home but follow your gut as long as he gets a sleep." fortunately bub has slept ok most days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Mine was a 6pm to 6am sleeper, now at 9 years of age she is a 7pm to 5am sleeper, because for many years I had to start work at 6am It's not only SOS babies who sleep well.
    So right. And I bet if both sides took their blinkers off they would actually find several 'sleep' things they do in common.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    I never implemented controlled crying techniques at long day care and I was supported by the NCAC and Sids and Kids, not to mention my children's services advisor. If you don't want to do it you shouldn't have to, to be honest you shouldn't be doing it in care at all. I'm all for parental beliefs being respected but not when it goes totally against professional recommendations.
    It's in our policy to never leave a baby unattended during wake times (including as they fall asleep) and check on them ever 2 to 5 minutes once asleep. This is from SIDS and Kids as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    So right. And I bet if both sides took their blinkers off they would actually find several 'sleep' things they do in common.
    I do not think your baby or mine went to sleep in the same type of way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I do not think your baby or mine went to sleep in the same type of way
    I bet there are some things in common. Eg:
    - night bedtime routine ? (bath, massage, book, feed, we have a kissy poo song we sing)
    - kisses and cuddles before being placed in the cot?
    - comforter?

I'm sure there's at least something in common!