Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Well, I haven't read the book - so it doesn't apply to me. But I have CC a child, I have 4 and with two of them I held them and cuddled them till they slept, with another he just slept and with the one I CC'd, I had a nanny at the time and she insisted. I was a wreck and just went along with it. I dont' think I would have been able to do it if she wasn't there telling me not to go to him etc. But at the end of the day - I now have 4 amazing sleepers, and he doesn't seem any different - in terms of psychological damage than my other 3.

Yeah - I can totally see how it won't work for everyone, and I can see why people don't want to do it. But honestly, some of the things being said in this thread are down right rude. Not just to Tizzie hall followers- but to anyone who didn't cradle their baby to sleep/feed to sleep etc etc.
    Please let me know if I have upset you I don't mean to, just that these types of books can be very damaging. There are so many methods around, but such strict books that really, honestly paint little babies to be manipulative and naughty are damaging to the confidence of mums everywhere. There is really no one size fits all method, yet this book says there is and anything else is failure. YES I have read it, cover to cover, because my own flesh and blood was having it pushed onto him and I could see the distress it was causing him and my brother, and that was also flowing over to my daughter and the rest of our family while his wife and her parents were convinced he was some little genius who was playing them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't get why you are getting so worked up over it. It's a book. If it goes against your instincts then put it down or throw it out.
    But don't tell other ppl their children are going to ge psychologically damaged. That makes u just as bad as what u think tizzie is IMO.
    Chill out & do things another way & good luck. But don't judge other ppl because all babies and families are different

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Manny For This Useful Post:

RubySunrise  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    I don't get why you are getting so worked up over it. It's a book. If it goes against your instincts then put it down or throw it out.
    But don't tell other ppl their children are going to ge psychologically damaged. That makes u just as bad as what u think tizzie is IMO.
    Chill out & do things another way & good luck. But don't judge other ppl because all babies and families are different
    I just want to say one last thing...you have said above that all babies are different. So true, so the book's "one size fits all" approach does not apply to all babies, and should only be used as an absolute last resort, not on newborns!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had my brother here one night in tears with my distressed nephew because his mum said that he only did a poo to pi$$ them off and tizzy hall says that it's a form of manipulation so he can suffer the consequences of his choices and stay in it. They had a major fight over it because instinct says to see to a crying baby and change the baby's nappy if need be.

Question to everyone: Can you poo on demand? Can you make a choice to do a poo RIGHT NOW because it's more convenient, or for any reason?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Please let me know if I have upset you I don't mean to, just that these types of books can be very damaging. There are so many methods around, but such strict books that really, honestly paint little babies to be manipulative and naughty are damaging to the confidence of mums everywhere. There is really no one size fits all method, yet this book says there is and anything else is failure. YES I have read it, cover to cover, because my own flesh and blood was having it pushed onto him and I could see the distress it was causing him and my brother, and that was also flowing over to my daughter and the rest of our family while his wife and her parents were convinced he was some little genius who was playing them.
    As you say a book can be damaging, so can other parents who pass judgement.
    I like to think as an adult I can read the book and take what I want from it. Please don't trash the book because you don't agree with it, because it has helped many many parents. It is unfortunate that some parents are led to believe that their children are manipulative monsters from reading the book, but really doesn't that depend on each parent as well and their interpretation? It's not the book or authors fault that some parents read it and end up feeling that way, and then continue with the process? It's unfortunate, but certainly doesn't make the author evil. Many many parents read it and DON'T get they interpretation.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CottonCandy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    i havent once called anyone a bad parent! i said i felt like one! and i also have not once said anybody's child is going to be psychologically damaged, I have only said that she has no research to prove that her methods have safe.
    I have also acknowledged that many factors can be blamed for problems in later life.
    Tizzie's routines are very strict! whether u love them or not! there is bound to be controversy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I took from the book what worked for me and some did and some doesn't. Whatever.
    Well anyway; my babies asleep for the night on her 7pm bus so I'm going to have a lovely evening (maybe even a glass of wine shock horror!!)with my husband and see my daughter again at 7am. Ahhh bliss! Enjoy yor evening!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Manny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Well I took from the book what worked for me and some did and some doesn't. Whatever.
    Well anyway; my babies asleep for the night on her 7pm bus so I'm going to have a lovely evening (maybe even a glass of wine shock horror!!)with my husband and see my daughter again at 7am. Ahhh bliss! Enjoy yor evening!
    Mine was a 6pm to 6am sleeper, now at 9 years of age she is a 7pm to 5am sleeper, because for many years I had to start work at 6am It's not only SOS babies who sleep well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Mum2rauri,
    As an early childhood educator, specializing in under two's rooms, it broke my heart to have to follow families instructions on how to put their bubs to sleep when following Tizzie's books, and they weren't even my children! Try using those strategies on a baby that's just started childcare, is in a strange environment sharing a cot room with 4 other babies! It was hell and while I always tried my best to respect families wishes for their child routines, secretly I felt so sad for the babies and just wanted to give them cuddles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP got the book for me, i read it 3 times to be exact i never even bothered trying it. I just knew it wouldn't work for me and bub.
    My son is a sometime horrid sleeper waking 4 timesa night, sometime he is perfect. I still basicly get 10 hours sllepout of him a night. it just took him a while to figure it out.
    My SIL is using it on her baby started at about 3 -4 weeks. Mum saw her in the shops yesterday and bub is crying non stop screaming type, mum told SIL "oh she is hungry", reply no she is not she has another few hours before she is due a feed. mum was horrified, Mum has 10 children and 6 Grandkids and counting. I'd listen to experience over what a book is telling me to do.

But if it works for you good on you, i personally don't agree with it but i'm not going to lecture people over it.
    Last edited by lilraffs; 13-08-2012 at 21:49.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lilraffs For This Useful Post: