+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Second day of quitting smoking...

And I honestly feel like I'm losing the plot

I feel so anxious that I can't even leave the bedroom, I feel immensely down and self-doubting, and just overemotional in general! I feel like crying, for absolutely NO reason! There's things I NEED to do downtown, but I just can't motivate myself to face the world right now. I feel panicky.

Yesterday I dealt with this by overeating....today just the though of food makes me feel sick.

What have I gotten myself into?? I suppose it doesn't help that I quit whilst I'm due for monthlies AND I've gone two days without antidepressants. I need to go to the chemist to get more, but I don't want to face anyone

I have a job interview tomorrow, and I have no idea how I'm going to pull it off. I feel so unsure of myself and my capabilities right now that I just keep wondering why I should even bother.

Not sure what the point of this post was, but I just needed to vocalise how I feel right now...

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    pink. I just had my last one too.

First things first, hot shower!!! Go get your script filled and find yourself a bottle of water with a pop top. Whenever you feel like a smoke, suck on the bottle like you would a cigarette. By drinking the water like this you'll fill up and resist the urge to eat.

Grab a pen or a straw and hold it in your hand like a smoke, might even help to draw on it like you would a smoke.

You CAN do this

Btw, I've quit cold turkey before. A couple of times. Think of the money you'll save, how much better you'll feel for it. It all helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ohhhhh, you poor thing! It's awful but so, so worth it, this wont last forever, I promise! Keep talking about it, sometimes you have to take it one minute at a a time...for this minute I am not smoking.

I had to give something up right around that time of the month too and oh, gosh it made it so hard, but it made the high afterwards so much brighter! (High as in yay, I've done it, I'm doing it!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you lovelies

I will definately go for a hot shower as soon as I can motivate myself to actually get up!! Lol. I think the thing that makes it worse is that DS is at school and DF is at work, so I have too much time on my hands to dwell and let myself get all anxious.

I know I need to go to the chemist....but the chemist is right next to the supermarket, and it is going to be soooo tempting to just walk in there and buy another pack. I just want this anxiety to go away! I feel so on edge right now and it SUCKS! I have a patch on but it's not helping much.

My mind keeps trying to justify buying another packet of smokes, because it's "not the best time" to quit as I'm already overemotional from monthlies AND going without antidepressants, plus I have that job interview tomorrow which I'd like to be at my best for. But if I take it back up now I would just feel so weak and disappointed in myself!

*Sigh*. I feel like such a rambling nutcase today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's never easy to quit...Don't listen to the lies!! You have come this far, there is no point in going back

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

earthfairy  (13-08-2012),HugsBunny  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sigh*. I feel like such a rambling nutcase today
    DOn't worry, I feel like that everyday!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    It's never easy to quit...Don't listen to the lies!! You have come this far, there is no point in going back
    That's what I keep trying to tell myself! Surely the worst is almost over....right?? I don't want to have to go through it ALL OVER AGAIN at another time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ~ElectricPink~ For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (13-08-2012)

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Think of BH like your own personal cheer squad! Every time you feel like one, post on here....

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to earthfairy For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (13-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (13-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    pink. I just had my last one too.

First things first, hot shower!!! Go get your script filled and find yourself a bottle of water with a pop top. Whenever you feel like a smoke, suck on the bottle like you would a cigarette. By drinking the water like this you'll fill up and resist the urge to eat.

Grab a pen or a straw and hold it in your hand like a smoke, might even help to draw on it like you would a smoke.

You CAN do this

Btw, I've quit cold turkey before. A couple of times. Think of the money you'll save, how much better you'll feel for it. It all helps.
    Oh good luck to you too!! And thanks for the tips Yes, definitely looking forward to having extra money!! it's sad, but that's one of the main reasons that I'm quitting! Simply cannot afford to keep smoking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by earthfairy View Post
    Think of BH like your own personal cheer squad! Every time you feel like one, post on here....

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you