+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 101
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,953
    Thanks
    3,680
    Thanked
    1,949
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Re: Question for Christians?

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    So I guess it depends how you interpret heavens and earth. I take that (as do all the Christians I know) to mean space and the planet (earth)....

    Anyway, surely no Christians believe God created Adam and Eve as Apes and humans have evolved to be the way we are today over millions of years??
    I think u misunderstood me. Yes space is the heavens and universe and earth is the planet, the earth itself. I mean when was "in the beginning" how long was that before creation that we see today? Remember it states that the earth was formless and waste too so the earth could have been around for milleniums beforehand as the evidence in the earth itself suggests.

    And all christians i know believe we were created by God, seperate to the animals, i know i do

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked
    808
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    And all christians i know believe we were created by God, seperate to the animals, i know i do
    The problem is that the scientific evidence supporting the evolution of Homo sapiens from a common primate ancestor is now overwhelming, as even Pope JPII recognised. Clinging to Bronze Age creation myths just gives Christianity a bad name.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,953
    Thanks
    3,680
    Thanked
    1,949
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Re: Question for Christians?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    The problem is that the scientific evidence supporting the evolution of Homo sapiens from a common primate ancestor is now overwhelming, as even Pope JPII recognised. Clinging to Bronze Age creation myths just gives Christianity a bad name.
    I disagree

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked
    808
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Let me recommend Ken Miller's Finding Darwin's God: A Scientist's Search for Common Ground Between God and Evolution, or the Biologos link I gave on the previous page.

    Science-denial is not cool.
    Last edited by JohnC; 11-12-2012 at 13:56.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnC For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (11-12-2012)

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,953
    Thanks
    3,680
    Thanked
    1,949
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Re: Question for Christians?

    No thanks, each to their own. And i dont deny science i just think ( in some areas) its very biased, full of guesswork and that we think we know alot more than we do. No 'evidence made to fit with the preferred theory' will change my mind

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 11-12-2012 at 13:47.

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    1234
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    887
    Thanked
    583
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Re: Question for Christians?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    The problem is that the scientific evidence supporting the evolution of Homo sapiens from a common primate ancestor is now overwhelming, as even Pope JPII recognised. Clinging to Bronze Age creation myths just gives Christianity a bad name.
    Pfft you're joking aren't you?! Lol!!

    And... What has the Pope got do with it? He is human being... A Head of the Catholic Church. That's a whole other debate though I guess lol

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

    SoThisIsLove  (11-12-2012)

  9. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    1234
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    887
    Thanked
    583
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Re: Question for Christians?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Let me recommend Ken Miller's Finding Darwin's God: A Scientist's Search for Common Ground Between God and Evolution, or the Biologos link I gave on the previous page.

    Science-denial is not cool.
    I don't deny science either.. I love science and it has its place... But I also choose to believe in the word of God and that he is an amazing and powerful God.. No don't believe he created us as Monkeys and we have evolved to be the way we are today.

  10. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked
    808
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well, let the record show I tried

  11. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    1234
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    887
    Thanked
    583
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Re: Question for Christians?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Well, let the record show I tried
    So John... You believe in God, the Christian God? You sound like an athiest to me

  12. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked
    808
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    So John... You believe in God, the Christian God? You sound like an athiest to me
    I don't label myself, but neither do I believe in things on the basis of insufficient or non-existent evidence. In the same vein, I don't have a problem with other people's beliefs so long as they don't contradict well-established empirical facts.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Christians - what are your favourite songs of praise?
    By Happy2be3 in forum Religion / Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-07-2012, 15:08
  2. Christians do you believe in hell?
    By knomie in forum Religion / Spirituality
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 28-05-2012, 16:06
  3. Christians .... please help me
    By knomie in forum Religion / Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 23-05-2012, 21:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Heinz Baby Basics
Our BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our brilliant colours, inspired designs and innovative features. Heinz Baby Basics caters for your baby’s needs!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!