+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, i read through the first page of replys, sorry couldnt get to the rest of the pages but im a disciple of Jesus Christ, i follow all of his teachings as i learn them and believe every word of the bible to be true doctrine from God.

There is no such thing as applying only part of the Bible to your life and saying the other parts are not necessary in todays world. Thats like saying a Cars engine, and the petrol tank are the only important parts of the car, not taking into account all the nuts and bolts that hold these main things together....

Its ok to have questions, i did when God first came into my life, and i have tonnes now as i journey along with him!! If your willing to HEAR the answer, (and not just confirmation of your own ideas or sceptisism at rest) being willing to wait for God to show you, then whatever your unsure of, will be made clear to you..

Your such a crak up!! picking and choosing lol i was like that in the begining too (the lord came into my life almost a year now!!) but i was like that, i fashioned the image of who God is, as what i WANTED him to be, instead of who he is.. its hard, the journey is hard, its a straight and narrow path, i wish you all the best on your journey, message me with any more questions if u feel prompted too

Becs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Question for Christians?

Becs does that mean you agree with the bit about stoning rebellious children to death?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (09-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent read that part of the bible yet, but as i said earlier, i apply the "teachings" not the literary facts to my life, when you say "does that mean i stone children to dealth" thats like saying "oh becs do you go and put 2 of each animal in an ark" lol you know what i mean??

Stories in the old testament are how the "people" in those days lived (and because there people, like us, they made mistakes) Focus your studies on Jesus, the Son of the living God, remember The Old testament is the History of Gods people, theyre flaws and all, we have much to learn from them, and how lucky are we to have The New Testament to put everything in its context yay!!

Thanks
    Reviews

It's not a story. It's a very clear instruction on what you are supposed to do .

You specifically stated just above that you can't pick and choose which parts of the bible to apply to life and you can't say it's not valid to modern life.

Within the space of 10 minutes or so this has changed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Question for Christians?

I think what she is trying to say is that the old testament is laws and hygeine practices for the nation of Israel at that time, the time it was written and is an account of that period.

The new testament brings with it a new covenant from Jesus which the scriptures say overrides any laws from the old testament and new laws were stated for christians to follow.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Becs  (09-12-2012),Lovemyfam  (09-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh ok, so god said you should stone children but then changed his mind?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you go to a church you trust and enjoy? When I was going to church it took a long time for me to find a church that clicked and any times I didn't understand something I would ask the pastor and usually came away more enlightened but sometimes I came out confused. I would talk to the pastor of your church to get things explained if your confused.

I know the old testament pretty much went away when Jesus came things like the rules regarding the meats you can eat, circumcision and other. Its been a long time since I have read the bible so cant really give you must more advice. Good luck

Oh I believe in the ARK and the animals too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    The new testament brings with it a new covenant from Jesus which the scriptures say overrides any laws from the old testament and new laws were stated for christians to follow.
    That would be fine except nobody agrees on which Old Testament laws Jesus rendered inapplicable. Ten Commandments? Prohibition on homosexuality? Virtually the entire social agenda of conservative Christians is based on Old Testament prohibitions, not the Gospels.

There are plenty of statements by Jesus that would indicate he believed most if not all the Mosaic laws still held, and he was supplementing not replacing these with additional commandments.

The relevance for this thread is that clearly you cannot just say Christians must follow all the Bible, which is what was suggested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Oh ok, so god said you should stone children but then changed his mind?
    From what I remember is before Jesus came God was a lot tougher and with Jesus laws changed, and being kind, compassionate, forgiving and caring was being taught by Jesus and we were to try to strive to be like Jesus in his actions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    From what I remember is before Jesus came God was a lot tougher ...
    He mellowed with age

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnC For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (09-12-2012)