+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For the past two years - bed by 8pm latest unless special occ and up 5/5.30am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For 6 years after having kids I was asleep by 9ish and up with them between 4.30 and 5.30am.

Just this year they have ALL started sleeping, so most mornings now it is 7am! Still feels surreal. And I'm in bed around 10.30pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We go to bed between 9 and 10:30... Ds goes to bed at 6:30 and wakes at 7:30 but he does wake up during the night for bottles.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP

I think it's good your going to bed early and getting as much sleep as possible , and in the first 8 weeks your body is still adjusting so it's good your trying to get rest !

My daughter goes to bed at 8, my son at 10, I go to bed after my daughters first feed so around 1am.

I love that me time when it's PEACEFUL!

We are all up at 7. In-between 1 and 7 both kids wake heaps and DD still feeds and every morning when I wake up I feel like death and swear I am going to bed early that night but never do. I need to take a leaf out of your book every now and then .

Congratulations on your new bundle and it's great he's sleeping so well at night ! xxoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Temet Nosce~ View Post
    Eta. 8 till 6 is a really good sleep for an 8 week old!
    He does wake up for a feed in between but normally falls asleep straight after.
    He doesnt sleep 10hrs straight-i wish!)
    I think in total i prob get 7-8 hrs sleep a night although broken, still feel knackered at 6am though!
    Last edited by Missbehaving; 13-08-2012 at 09:48.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Around 10:30 and up at 6ish. I went to bed a lot earlier when the kids where babies too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Around 9-10pm, get up around 6-7am. I wake several times at night though so always feel tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Missbehaving View Post
    My lo is 8 weeks so i still go to bed at 8pm to make sure i get a decent sleep by the time he wakes up for the day (6am arghhh). I hate waking up so early but he just won't fall asleep for couple of hours after 6 so by the time he does i dont want to sleep anymore just hoping soon i can go to bed later and actually feel like an adult
    My best solid sleep is always between 9 and 12 and then it is interrupted, usually hourly, until we are up between 5 and 6 am.
    The earlier I go to bed, the longer my block of solid sleep is so I'm happy to go to bed early to feel slightly human the next day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1boyplus1 View Post
    My best solid sleep is always between 9 and 12 and then it is interrupted, usually hourly, until we are up between 5 and 6 am.
    The earlier I go to bed, the longer my block of solid sleep is so I'm happy to go to bed early to feel slightly human the next day
    Thats why i go to bed early too! The first block is always best.
    Although feel a bit bad cos i only spend like an hour or two with OH before going to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully for you it won't always be like that though, once you LO's feeds spread out a bit further you will get longer blocks of sleep.

It has been pretty crappy for us because we have terrible sleepers but I just stayed up later a couple of times a week so we could spend a little time together.

DH is a chef and until a week ago was working til about 9.30-10pm so we wouldn't see each other much at all, now he starts at 6am and is home at 2.30pm so understands how much it sucks getting up early every day if you dont get enough sleep and is a little more understanding.