+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I disagree with your dp. Your entire wedding party is for the both of you. We discussed & agreed on our choices first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Precisely my point!!!

I got a little stumped because DP was saying she would have been maid of honour for her sister even though she hated the groom but I guess the difference is groom didn't know she hated him and she wasn't the bride or groom.

Id not get married over having bish face there. I'm actually annoyed that DP is speaking to her again.
    I do kind of get her point, sometimes a bridesmaid or groomsman may not even know the groom or bride very well and they are there as a friend and support to the individual themself BUT that choice to have a bridesmaid who openly hates the bride or groom would, in a lot of cases, ruin the day for that person. I know I would feel awfully uncomfortable having to share my love for DP in front of someone looking at me with scorn.

I'm pretty lucky that if DP's friends hate me they sure do a great job of hiding it!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would have no issues with them being at the wedding as a guest, but not in the bridal party.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My best friend didn't have a bridal party because her husband's brother hated her. There was no way her husband would ask someone who said nasty things about her to be involved other than as a guest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be annoyed that my partner remained friends full stop with someone that they knew hated me (although I don't think there is anyone out there that hates or really dislikes me).

How does that even work - your partner is BFF with someone that hates you? Sounds horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! The bridal party is supposed to be excited for you and support you...but I really don't see how someone could do that if they don't like the person you're marrying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    I'd be annoyed that my partner remained friends full stop with someone that they knew hated me (although I don't think there is anyone out there that hates or really dislikes me).

How does that even work - your partner is BFF with someone that hates you? Sounds horrible.
    I don't think she actually hates me, but she said some things about our relationship that I'll never forget, so I want nothing to do with her because I don't want that reminder..

I guess I hate her more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'd feel really upset if that happened to me... And if I had a maid of honour who hated DP I'd probably think about how that might make him feel on a day that should be special for us.

Luckily, if we get married there will be no big wedding so we hopefully won't have to deal with annoying wedding politics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I don't think she actually hates me, but she said some things about our relationship that I'll never forget, so I want nothing to do with her because I don't want that reminder..

I guess I hate her more
    They're not best friends since said comment but they still talk (work together).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I'd feel really upset if that happened to me... And if I had a maid of honour who hated DP I'd probably think about how that might make him feel on a day that should be special for us.

Luckily, if we get married there will be no big wedding so we hopefully won't have to deal with annoying wedding politics.
    Neither of us actually want to get married so it's a moot point, but I'd call off a wedding if DP insisted on her being in the bridal party.

Having said that, she wouldn't have her if I really didn't want her, it was just an interesting convo to have.

I have no issues with DP being friends with her but I said she isn't welcome in my house. Meh.