+ Reply to Thread

Question Zero sperm count after vas reversal

DP had a reversal about 3-4yrs ago and while it initially worked with a higher than expected count, over the following 12mths his count went to zero.

We then did IVF with the very lucky situation of it working first go and we now have a very cheeky 2.5yr old boy.

We would like to have another baby but as I am a SAHM, we can't afford IVF at the moment. DP is convinced that we could fall naturally.

What is everyone's thoughts on it happening?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi becwilblue,

I know it's a while since you posted this, but I've just seen it so I thought I'd reply and see how you are going...? If I'm brutally honest, I'd say that I think that it's possible that you could fall pregnant naturally, but given the zero sperm count, I'd have to say I think it's unlikely...sorry.

I spent 2 years hoping we might also have a miracle with a zero sperm count, and I have to tell you, I even read of cases where it DID happen. My DH and I tried to visualise a strong little swimmer busting past the scar blockage, but for us, it didn't happen...

It sounds as though you'd be a very strong candidate for another IVF success, but, I understand, it is very expensive, is there no way you can start saving for it?

Similar Threads

1. Low Sperm count help
    By Bubbles1984 in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 07:21
  2. sperm count after a vasectomy.
    By TinyLittleTootsies in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-09-2012, 13:08
  3. Problems with sperm count
    By jbr in forum Dads Chat
    Replies: 4