+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sciatica...

Anything to relieve it??? At the moment I'm struggling to stand ad with a 1 and 4 year old, it's hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me to i would love to know anything that helps!!!

Sent from my LG-P690f using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use 2 heat bags when I get it. I put one heat bag on the couch or bed and lay my lower back on it and then curl my legs up to my stomach, pretty much the fetal position but with your back to the ground/couch/bed and then I hold the other heat bag where ever the pain is worse in my leg, usually the base of my foot. I rock my legs back to get more stretch in my back or get DP to stretch my legs back. Heat eases the pain and I feel like the position stretches out my back and relieves the nerve.

Sometimes I feel like I need to lie with something under my lower back too and a tightly rolled towel works well for this.

If you feel like you need a massage or pressure on a particular spot for relief and no ones around to help, a tennis or golf ball works. Just put it on the ground or against a wall and roll your back against it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this with my first. I ended up going to physio and they just got me to do pelvic floor exercises, and yes they really worked! lol. They just got me to lay on my side, with one hand on my side so I could make sure I was doing them properly (you'll be able to feel it with your hand when doing it correctly, it sorta sucks in) and then hold it as long as I could while still maintaining my breathing. From memory I did it 10 times, 3 times a day. Then only once a day when things got better. I also got given a support belt to wear. Is there someone through your hospital you could go see? I remember how painful it is, and I didn't have any other children to look after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel your pain!!! I have sciatica at the moment as well, and am only 22 weeks. I spoke to my OB last time about it and he said if it gets worse (it wasn't as bad then) that they would get me to wear a belly belt. I've bought one and have an appt with the OB this week, so hopefully they will tell me what to do.

I just use a hot water bottle, and pillows in bed.