+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First year molars... how long to push through

Hi all,

My son is now approaching 14 months, however for the past 12 weeks, he has had his first molars pushing through (his gums have become bumpy).

It started on his LHS upper and lower and now RHS also.

As I mentioned, its been 12 weeks now, and his sleep has been pretty ordinary throughout, waking most nights and often taking an hour or so to resettle or be resettled.

Im a first time parent and not sure if this is commonplace or should I see a doctor/dentist?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some kids will teeth for a long time before they actually break the surface. You can literally see them move up, look really close and disappear the next day. It's both frustrating and painful. With my son the process of breaking a molar through was also quite drawn out as one corner would come and then up to a week later a second corner and so forth...

At 14 months, it is quite common for no molars to have made it through. Just a waiting game unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Molars can take agggeeess to come thru. My DD1 got hers at 13mths and was waking up 3-4 times a night. It lasted about a month and I was nursing back to sleep as well as co sleeping.

I dont use panadol or nurofen for teething as I find bm works the same. Plus our girls wear the amber necklaces 24/7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds normal! Frustrating hey...DS broke all 4 molars between 14-16 months. Needless to say neither of us have had unbroken sleep for a while