+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Irregular contractions - how long til they should become regular?

My waters broke at 2.45pm today and I've been in the hospital for about 3hrs now. Contractions are coming 3-6 minutes apart but pretty irregular and quite bearable. How long does this stage normally go on for before turning into regular contractions with real pain??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine stayed like that until I was fully dilated. I was waiting for the "real" contractions to start & they never did. Stayed at 1m contractions every 3-4 minutes for about 10 hours & totally bearable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope that happens to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryGirl77 View Post
    My waters broke at 2.45pm today and I've been in the hospital for about 3hrs now. Contractions are coming 3-6 minutes apart but pretty irregular and quite bearable. How long does this stage normally go on for before turning into regular contractions with real pain??
    1st bub? My first - it was 14hrs from when my waters broke and then I was put on syntocin for 7hrs before bub was born.

2nd - waters broke and then 31hrs later i was contracting 3 in 10min. Bub born 2,5hrs later.

I had 2 posterior bubs. Waters breaking abd irregular contractions are usually indicators of posterior positioning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My waters broke at 7pm the night before and the midwives kept telling me I wasn't in established labour untill 1pm the next day. To peed up the labour they got me walking sideways up and down the stairs... like a crab... (by then I was willing to try anything lol). Hope it all goes well and your holding your bundle of joy very soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My waters broke first as well but contractions were regular from the get go...pain only got "unbearable" though 3ish hours before bub was born (6 hour labour).

ETA: I spent most of my labour NOT on a bed or lying down so if your still at hospy, go for a nice walk or something! Should help
    Last edited by captainscaptain; 12-08-2012 at 18:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My waters broke at 3am, my contractions came about every 4-5 mins for the entire 12 hr labour. Which would have been more bearable if it hadn't meant a 3 hr pushing phase and a rather painful damaged nerve afterwards from that effort (only a tiny tear though thank goodness)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely ramping up now. 3.5 minutes apart, lasting a minute and way more painful, though I suspect there's heaps worse to come. Wish me luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck! Get as much rest as you can in between, you will need your strength xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh how exciting! Goodluck! Mine slowed right down