+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No real food rules here. We eat a variety of everything.
    I dont eat seafood (allergic) but DH will grill fish for himself and the girls occasionally and they have prawns at bbq's etc.

I dont force DD1 to eat everything on her plate but i do suggest she finishes if i suspect she isnt full by telling her its fine that she's had enough but there will be nothing else for her later. Usually she will then finish so she can have a 'treat' (jelly, fruit n custard etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm allergic to kiwi fruit (just hives/itch, not anaphylaxis) so we don't have kiwi in the house. I'm still trying to work out if I should offer it to the kids or not. The problem is I get a reaction from the juice and only a small amount, so I think that while the kids are still young (and messy) I'll hold off.

Dh doesn't like pork or lamb so we don't eat that at home ... or prawns for that matter. I don't think ds has had any of them actually. We eat all 3 at my parents house sometimes (dh has something else) so at some point I daresay my ds & dd will give them a go.

Otherwise we're pretty easy going, so I suppose it's not really much of an issue in this house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, aktavite is delicious and has heaps of nutrients and vitamins in it. Tastes like chocolate milk but they are large granules that need mixing in rather than the powder stuff like nesquick etc.

I buy mine from woolies
    They've got a retro container at the moment advertising benefits to pregnant and nursing mothers (guessing this is PRE- vitamins)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I do impose my believe that dairy is bad for humans ...so my son has rice milk... When it comes to dinner he is "almost vegetarian" as am I (in the process of taking out everything except fish) ..I ask him to try a bit of everything on his plate ,yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mmmm yummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh yum squirrelex - have a spoon for ME please... I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow.

Fruitarian?? Wow - I've never heard of that before.
    So do they have their own trees to eat from? How would they tell that is had fallen rather than been picked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Nope, my daughter used to not eat meat, and I love meat. It didn't concern at all. Even now, she will only eat chicken breast that is roasted or tenderloins.

If my children didn't eat meat, I wouldn't care.