+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What age for a girls first haircut? And where to get it done?

Well DP keeps bring up the topic of getting our DD's haircut, like a nice style cut or something. She doesnt have overly long hair, i guess when wet its just past her shoulders, altho you cant tell this when its dry cause her hair gets really curly at the ends. When did you get your girls haircuts? What age is a good age? How long do you think the hair should be before you think about getting it trimmed etc? Plus where do you get it done, is there places out there that specialize in children hair cutting. TIA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD1 just had her first haircut- on her 4th birthday. Her hair is wavy and long, (almost to her waist when wet) and the baby curls were chopped off and we had a couple of long layers put in the back, and shorter layers around her face.
    I'm pretty jealous- she has great hair!
    Her hair really just needed the ends trimmed- it's in really good condition.
    HTH
    ETA- I just had it cut at my hairdressers. It was $25

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got dd's hair cut for the first time on Friday. She is 3 years and 10 months. She got the dry bits cut off the ends and a fringe. Her hair is now just past her shoulders. Her hair was about half way down her back. We got it cut because it kept getting in her face and she hated having it up so we wanted a fringe for her. It looks much better.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to cut my DDs the other week. She is over 2. She has horrible hair tho its all fuzzy an everywhere like a crazy scientist. I had to tidy it. And it's grown faster now iv done that. It's pretty short.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

SeymourTheBear  (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is the same age as Beccas and she has hair to her bum when wet, but it curls up when dry.
    She hasn't had a hair cut and I'm not sure when she will, I'm thinking she needs a trim but I like that it can just be tied up in a pony tail. I don't think I'd get her a fringe, it looks cute on E though Bec

Thanks
    Reviews
    we haven't yet and she turns 2 next month.

We are thinking about getting a trim because it is long at the front and annoys her by getting in her eyes but she hates wearing a hair clip (sob...i have so many pretty ones lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is 2 years 8 months and I've told dp she is NEVER getting her hair cut lol. She has curly hair and it's only just past her shoulders wet. My mother always cut my hair short with a fringe and I hated it. I won't do that to my daughter as it won't suit her. But a lot of little girls look cute with fringes it's completely up to your personal preference

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've trimmed DDs fringe myself at least 3-4 times now (she's 2 and 3 mths), and attempted to trim the rest this weekend... Seemed to go ok but getting her to sit still was interesting!

I was sad to cut it, but I think it'll be healthier for it (it's down to her armpits when wet).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having this drama now lol

Dd is 16 months and has lots of hair and it's way down her back when wet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd had her first trim just before her 1st birthday and just had another one the other day. (she's almost 2)
    Her hair is still short but my hairdresser said its best to trim it so it grows nice and thick. She just trims off the wispy bits.