+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dream feeds - please explain?

I've heard a lot of people use the term "dream feed". What does it mean? Why do you do it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me, a dream feed is when go in and give babe a feed late at night while babe is still asleep.
    The intention is to get him to sleep a little longer, so I don't go to bed and he wakes up 1/2 hour later for a feed. IYKWIM.
    I would do a dream feed about 10:30pm.
    I BF. I go in the room and have hallway light in, or a little lamp. Pick baby up trying not to wake him, and place him on my breast. Amazing how he would open his mouth without waking, and do an entire feed this way, then go down again.
    With my first son it backfired, in that he came to expect it, and started waking for it, then started waking earlier and earlier for it.
    It can work for some people and is worth a try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP, lots of info on dream feeds here: http://www.mybabysleepguide.com/search/label/dreamfeed

Similar Threads

1. Dream feeds and self settling!!
    By Kkm in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-02-2012, 14:15
  2. Please explain...
    By jaesmummy in forum Pro-Circumcision
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27-12-2011, 23:46