+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Brushing teeth...

We just started brushing DDs teeth - but she hates it!! It's so hard, she gets really upset and pushes my hand away, turns her head and does a really angry cry.

She has one tooth half way up and a second just cut through. I'm using a tiny baby toothbrush with water only.

Any tips? How do you get them to cooperate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd probably give her to toothbrush for now to chew on, so she can get used to the feel, and afterwards give it a quick brush.
    It's something you have to persist with.

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I put my children's toothbrushes in the bath with them, so they could have a play and a chew, gradually I would make the actual brushing into a game `your turn, mummy's turn'
    Try not to get stressed - they pick up on this and in turn feel anxious too.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Basically what B&B and sweetsugardumplin have said

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would like to know too lol. My 21month old DD HATES having her teeth brushed. I have to hold her down to brush, plus it doesnt help she has enamel Hypoplasia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Two tips...my DD hated getting her teeth brushed for almost 2 years. I relised around then that I was actually brushing too hard...a bad habit I have when brushing my own teeth. As soon as I relised this the problem stopped immediately. Other tip...we go through what they have eaten in the day pretending its still on their teeth so we have to brush it off. I wad told though, if u only get a few seconds in for tooth brushing focus on the back ones as the have them much longer then the front ones.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm lucky as 21 month old DS loves brushing his teeth, but we have made a big deal about it being fun since he was about 12 months by brushing our teeth and giving him his own toothbrush in the shower/bath so he could copy, then we buy him a character toothbrush every couple of months ( currently we have Dora) and we sing a brush your teeth song , I let him do it then I say swap and he brushes my teeth and I brush his!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I'm lucky as 21 month old DS loves brushing his teeth, but we have made a big deal about it being fun since he was about 12 months by brushing our teeth and giving him his own toothbrush in the shower/bath so he could copy, then we buy him a character toothbrush every couple of months ( currently we have Dora) and we sing a brush your teeth song , I let him do it then I say swap and he brushes my teeth and I brush his!
    Pretty much exactly the same here- my DS even has a Dora toothbrush atm too he picked it out, he's never seen Dora so i don't know how he knows who she is

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Basically what everyone else has said. DS (13 months) has 8 teeth but he loves brushing them himself so we take turns brushing them in the bath every night.
    If he's not interested I grab a face washer over my finger and wipe it over them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    If she only has one tooth then maybe you could wait a little longer and just use a face washer for now.

DS begs me to brush his teeth and I have to limit him to 2-3 times a day.

For him he thinks it makes him such a big boy and he has his own toothbrush at our house, DP's parents, my mums and my grandparents house.

Definitely let her discover it and try it out herself and then have your turn to do it properly (try to be really gentle if she is cutting teeth the extra pressure could be bothering her as well)