+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would mention the bump to the GP just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So have you seen the doctor? Did DS vomit at all last night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    ^this. I wondered if it is completely a delay tactic. Try putting towels over the sheets, then when he vomits, just remove towels and clean up. No cuddling, or attention, just get it cleaned in a matter of fact way. You don't need to ignore, but no fluff, then leave.

May be worth giving a go if you believe it is purely attention
    This.

When we went to tresillian for sleep issues the little boy next door to us did the same thing. He knew mum would come back into the room if he was sick, so he would vomit.

I know they did the thing mentioned above where tgey don't change the sheets coz they have blankets or something they could quickly whip off the bed..

I guess u could just stay with him till he falls asleep if the alternative is to hard to take. It's not easy, that would really upset anyone if they were in your position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So last night took ages to get him to sleep but no vomit yay! He woke up 3 times but was able to resettle him. I did go to sleep in his room on a mattress initially and he slept beside me then transferred him into bed.

we had dinner early again tonight, then shower and all tv etc off. Then sleepytime tea in his milk and lavender oil burning then stories for 15 mins or so then went into his room one more stories then light off and last story (I know it off by heart now lol) and then laid down.

From when I was in his room till I left was only around 15 - 20 mins! Bonus and he has been moved into his bed no worries.

Now if he would just sleep through!!!

Dr said the symptoms DS has don't relate to the bump on his head but he thinks he may have a UTI and a virus of some sort.

taking a urine sample in tomorrow for testing.

Today was bad though, constant whinging etc but then hypo tonight!? Hoping to wear him out a bit more tomorrow as I will be having yet another day off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you ever tried switching the shower to before dinner?
    It's just something to try, but with DS, I mentioned before, he gets re-charged after a shower and goes all hyper and nuts. Jumps and runs around the room, which makes it hard to get his pyjama's on and read a story lol.
    If he has to sit still to eat dinner after his shower, he might get distracted and quiet down/unwind while he eats.

Just something to try. I can't find anything in your posts about whether or not you and DH have tried co-sleeping with DS?

About the sleeping through, plenty of 3 year old's still wake up at night. As long as he is easy to settle again?

Just take 1 step at a time and you'll get there in the end. Let us know how he goes in the next few days. I hope it gets easier and quicker each day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have sometimes but haven't noticed it making a difference, however if we miss a shower he can be very hard to settle.

I also work 3 days a week and we don't get home until after 5pm then DH or I exercise (gym in shed) then swap while the other does dinner and minds DS. Is the only time we can get exercise in during the week.

So that means we can't always feed him earlier or shower earlier etc.

We don't co-sleep DH was strongly against it from day 1 and DS moves around so much in his sleep DH and I would never get to sleep! not to mention needing to buy a bigger bed to fit him in!

He varies a lot a few nights ago he was vomiting when he woke up and after that he had to be forced to lay down and then he would sleep. (not roughly but firmly and he was asleep very quickly after that!)

I am really hoping that tomorrow night I can get DS to go to sleep in his bed! Rather than on a mattress on the floor with me. (Even with just me and DS on a twin mattress on the floor he still managed to kick me in the face a few times!)

I think turning all tv etc off at 6.30 might be helping....he used to go to sleep easily after watching tv. (within the last month or so)

Is there anything I can do with the bed to make not so daunting? His usual toys are on it and blankies etc. but would special stickers or car pillow maybe help? (He is crazy obsessed!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I put DS for the first time in his single bed, I had a large body pillow along the length of his bed, against the wall. It made him feel a bit more snug.
    I also have put glow in the dark stars on the wall and on the ceiling. We sing Twinkle Twinkle just after I turn the light off.
    Maybe try some (glow in the dark) stickers and yes a car pillow might help. If he loves Cars, than it might be something he can get excited about when it's bedtime.
    I have been tempted to get one of those star projector lamps from Kmart for $10,-

I am not sure how much you could fit in a toddler bed though. Its only 135cm long, so you wouldn't be able to put too many stuffed animals and toys on their, without making it too cramped.

See this is why I suggested a single bed. You have more room and you can actually lie in his bed with him. No need to transfer him. Plus you can put more pillows on it.
    Anyway, it doesn't matter. He WILL get over it sooner or later. Fingers crossed it is sooner rather than later.

Let me know how he went tonight. I hope he has been a good boy and went to sleep in his bed straightaway...

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing. DD is only 11 months but has this weird habit of sticking her fingers down her throat recently. Only once has she made her self vomit, but shes been close alot. Im not sure why.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    Subbing. DD is only 11 months but has this weird habit of sticking her fingers down her throat recently. Only once has she made her self vomit, but shes been close alot. Im not sure why.
    When does she do this? At bedtime?